A question of mana or the main power grid

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ufedhin

A question of mana or the main power grid

Post by Ufedhin »

Can anyone tell me if monsters now use mana for there magic's or are they still on the main power grid ? my poor wee alchemist has tried on several occasions to put a halt on the magic antic's of certain monsters so he might have a greater chance of dealing with the them ,I have observed no change even after slamming them with many powerful mana dispersing potions.
(if it is so that mana is not yet used by foul spell casting critters. Then in true dwarven fashion I grumble loudly at the loss of valuable ingredients ! :evil:)

Thanks ,
Ufedhin.
Nitram
Developer

Re: A question of mana or the main power grid

Post by Nitram »

They aren't using Mana currently.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I don't think I've seen this question asked or answered recently so I'll ask it here instead of a new topic:

Does the magic currently used by the monsters raise magic resistance? I'm not so sure that I've seen this happen.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

No
Felbion Lijawyn

Post by Felbion Lijawyn »

It doesn't look like Magic Resistance does anything to the damage you receive either way. One of my characters has it quite high with good willpower and he still takes a ton of damage.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Its all in the code! Open Source, ftw!

As of now, Magic Resistance doesn't do anything. Some discussion about it can be found here: Link
Monster spells have a base damage and a range for random additional damage. The range of the later being set by Willpower. Right now Willpower influences roughly about 1/3rd of the damage done by most monster magic.
Magic Monstes have a set of spells and a variable for how ofthen they use these spells. They are not influenced by mana whatsoever.