A few Newbie Qs (Death, Commands, etc)

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

EzBreezy

A few Newbie Qs (Death, Commands, etc)

Post by EzBreezy »

Hello! Just a few quick questions. I just started playing again. I like the new client soooo much more :D

1) Is there a death penalty? Like do I drop all of my items upon death. That's all I really care about, lol. I tend to horde things.

2) Is there a way to buy storage in warehouses? I saw it in an merchant book in-game.

3) In my last post (a year or so ago, when I first found the game), I was told that you can own existing buildings in the game. How do you go about doing that?

4) I'm in Galimar. I can't seem to find the Well of Dreams (I think that's the name). I followed the road west so I think I'm missing something. Also, are there maps?

5) How do I find out my rank/favor with the Don?

6) When are the peak times to play? I play casually during the day, but I wouldn't mind logging in just to RP when others are online.

7) Can players write books? How about letter's etc? that would be awesome!

8) I've been reading about MC on the boards? What's that?

9) Can I learn every skill without penalty? Specifically, I'd like to learn multiple crafts.

That's all I can think of right now! BUt I'm sure that I'd have more. If think I saw an IRC channel. I'd like to join that if there is one!

Thanks!
Sarai Flysse

Re: A few Newbie Qs (Death, Commands, etc)

Post by Sarai Flysse »

IRC is on the main page, click on chat :wink:
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

1) Is there a death penalty? Like do I drop all of my items upon death. That's all I really care about, lol. I tend to horde things.
-> The things you have equipped, e.g. armour, are damaged. You can repair it by the repair npc.

2) Is there a way to buy storage in warehouses? I saw it in an merchant book in-game.
-> You can only use depots we have. But you can put bags in your chest. Then, you can put stuff in the bags in your chest. This way you can "increase" the slots.

3) In my last post (a year or so ago, when I first found the game), I was told that you can own existing buildings in the game. How do you go about doing that?
-> Ask the town administration ingame. Currently, you can only rent, though. In the future we will have a builidng system to create your own houses (that will take a long time ntil then, though).

4) I'm in Galimar. I can't seem to find the Well of Dreams (I think that's the name). I followed the road west so I think I'm missing something. Also, are there maps?
-> no idea. maybe ask ingame

5) How do I find out my rank/favor with the Don?
-> Go the the census npc in the census office.

6) When are the peak times to play? I play casually during the day, but I wouldn't mind logging in just to RP when others are online.
-> In five hours from the time a write this post. So 20 GMT then it is when it starts and more log in during the following hours.

7) Can players write books? How about letter's etc? that would be awesome!
-> You can write a book and send it to e.g. Skamato to get it ingame. Directly writing letters is not possible - yet. I already made the script for that but there is a client bug that renders it useless until this is fixed.

8) I've been reading about MC on the boards? What's that?
-> mental capacity. Used in the leraning system. Don#t mind it, just play how you like :P

9) Can I learn every skill without penalty? Specifically, I'd like to learn multiple crafts.
-> Yes. You can learn everything.
Last edited by Jupiter on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

Maybe I could give answer to some of your questions (If I´m wrong in some things, please correct me)

1) You don´t drop things when you die. But the things you wear will take damage (The things you wear in the slots in your inventory). So if some things are already at the lowest durability, they will break. But otherwise you will loose no items when you die. Also your character will be weakened for some minutes until he has recovered. You will get a messange when your character has recovered.

2) There are some depots in every city where you could store your items. You also could do bags and wicker baskets in this depots and store items in them (which gives you more space). But there is no way buy additional space.

3) As far as I know there are some buildings, houses or flats for rent in each city. In each city there is someone in charge to manage this. Just take a look at the city boards in the forum and ask if there is something free, or ask arround ingame. In this cases you have to pay rent ingame but you will get a key for your characters house. Just ask arround, most characters which living in one of the cities for some time will know how to ask.

5) Every city has census bureau. There you could start a citizenship, end it - or ask for your current rank.

6) There is a statistic at the homepage (in german and englisch) http://illarion.org/statistics/de_histo ... layers.php Here you could have a look when most players are online. And have a look at the event planer on the homepage. Most players are arround when something happens http://illarion.org/statistics/de_players.php

7) Of course players can write books, some of them even appear ingame. But as Illarion is a game made by many volunteers which do not get a salary, it sometimes takes some time until they appear. Also they need one version in englisch and german (the two languages of illarion). I think Skamato was in charge to gather book content in the forum, but I don´t know how active he is at the moment.

About letters: Some players use PM´s at the Forum as letters and use ingame language in them. Ingame it´s often told that they sent it via dove or a similar way.

9) Every skill is related to an Attribute. See this thread: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =attribute I don´t know it this list is 100% up to date, but it should give you an first impression. The higher the attribut related to the skill, the easier it will be to learn this skill. Some things like alchemy need a quest first as far as I know. But this quest could be started in each city.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Jupiter wrote:Can I learn every skill without penalty?
:arrow: may be the decision mage OR druid should be mentioned
EzBreezy

Post by EzBreezy »

Wow, those were some quick replies. Thanks guys!