Roleplay....

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Achae Eanstray

Roleplay....

Post by Achae Eanstray »

.. what does your char know, what can you take in game? Where can you roleplay? Can your char show knowledge of everything you read in the roleplay forums? What precautions do you need to take?

In my opinion it is more difficult post VBU then pre due to the towns and separation of forums. You not only need to make sure you aren't taking someone's "dream" or "journal" in game that you couldn't possibly have read.. but now need to make sure you aren't getting the towns mixed. For instance if your char is banned from a town there is no way they can read a parchment from that town unless someone brings it to you.. then you have a friend there and this probably needs to be roleplayed in game.
  • 1. Look at what town your char is from and can you post in the town that you see the other post.
    2. If at the Hemptie.. has your char actually gone there to read that parchment?
    3. If it is musings or thoughts of another char.. how does your char know that? If you don't have any idea and it didn't happen in game then your char doesn't know it.
    4. Are you using ooc information in game such as a forum post your char can't know or even an online list?
Any more suggestions or ideas are welcome. Remember this isn't written in an attempt to point a finger at any player or char but as something to think about for us all.

...was weiß dein Charakter, was kann man als IG-Wissen verwenden? Wo kann man rollenspielen? Kann dein Charakter alles Gelesene aus dem RP-Forum als Charakterwissen einsetzen? Welche Schutzmaßnahmen sind von Nöten?
Meiner Meinung nach ist es nun nach dem VBU schwieriger als davor, bedingt durch die Städte und deren Trennung im Forum. Nicht nur, dass man darauf Acht geben muss den „Traum“ oder das „Journal“ eines anderen, dass man möglicherweise gar nicht lesen konnte, im Spiel zu verwenden, man muss vor allem sicher stellen, dass man die Städte nicht miteinander vermischt. Beispielsweise wenn dein Charakter aus einer Stadt verbannt wurde. Da gibt es keine Möglichkeit die Flugblätter der Stadt lesen zu können, es sei denn jemand überreicht sie dir. In diesem Fall brauchst du einen IG-Freund und vor allem muss es wohl im Spiel ausgespielt werden.

1. Beachte aus welcher Stadt dein Charakter ist und dein Charakter in der Stadt einen Zettel anklebt, sodass er die anderen Rundschreiben sieht.
2. Falls es sich um das Hemptie handelt: War dein Charakter überhaupt schon dort, um den Zettel zu lesen?
3. Wenn es sich um Träume oder Gedanken eines anderen Charakter handelt: Wie konnte dein Charakter sich dieses Wissen aneignen? Wenn man darüber keine Idee hat und es auch nicht IG passiert ist, dann weiß dein Charakter es nicht.
4. Benutzt du OOC-Informationen im Spiel, solche wie aus dem Forum oder sogar eine Online-Liste, die dein Charakter nicht wissen kann?

Ich begrüße weitere Vorschläge und Ideen. Bedenkt, dass dies nicht in dem Versuch den Finger auf jeden Spieler oder Charaktere zu zeigen, sondern als etwas zum Überlegen für uns alle geschrieben ist.
Alytys Lamar

Re: Forum Roleplay....

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Only for my part I can say I only use the happenings which occurs to my Character IG.

As for the boards - didn't think yet about it since none of my Chars has any ban and all of them running around in every town.
But it can occur a problem, that's right. So think carefully which information you chose to write on.

I appreciate your Post Achae since we are all humans and sometimes forget to check all this basic necessities :) :!:
Necral

Post by Necral »

Hi! Just thought I'd drop by my thoughts and opinions.
what does your char know, what can you take in game?
Your character should only know either what they hear/experience in game or what parchments they can 'realistically' read ie parchments posted in such places where the character (or their spies) has access to. This also means if someone writes personal thoughts or a journal in the rp thread then common sense says your character doesn't know about it.
Where can you roleplay?
Again, places where the character has access to ie places where they aren't banned or banished from (or maybe even areas of high danger where it would just be kinda preposterous and silly).
Can your char show knowledge of everything you read in the roleplay forums?
Nope. As above. Also, sometimes rp threads are created to just entertain the players oocly and so that they have a hint of what is happening behind the scenes, so as to have some connection to it and try to get involved somehow ie try find out more in game. I don't think there is anything wrong with knowing pretty much everything oocly, but players should show the courtesy of not abusing such information.
What precautions do you need to take?
If you follow the simple basics as said above, probably very little. I think the general consensus is that if some announcement or warning or (you get the idea) is wrote by the Necktie, it's free game for all characters because generally every character can go there. Until there is or even if there will be a patrol around the Necktie looking for a criminal, then it becomes a bit different. But it would probably have to be explicitly known by the players that this is the case.
In my opinion it is more difficult post VBU then pre due to the towns and separation of forums. You not only need to make sure you aren't taking someone's "dream" or "journal" in game that you couldn't possibly have read.. but now need to make sure you aren't getting the towns mixed. For instance if your char is banned from a town there is no way they can read a parchment from that town unless someone brings it to you.. then you have a friend there and this probably needs to be roleplayed in game.
I dunno, I think the player base has been pretty good adjusting to this (I haven't seen any major rule break in this regard (yet)). But, if some bandit/outlaw/criminal keeps sending messages to the towns then it would probably be wise to make sure you either have spies to help you (like, actually have them as opposed to pretending to have them), or have a flying creature like a dove deliver it. Probably guards wouldn't kill every dove that arrived in town, I think :wink:. But I agree with you, mostly. The key is just to have respect for the other players and make sure it isn't just plain silly.
2. If at the Hemptie.. has your char actually gone there to read that parchment?
I think this is a little irrelevant. Probably the real question should be: could your character go to that place to read the parchment?

I'm a great believer of giving players the benefit of the doubt and as much freedom as fairly possible. I don't think it's entirely necessary for absolutely everything to be acted out in game because sometimes you can't get in game. The forum is a great tool and should be used for story telling. It's, in effect, as much of the game world as the client is for a lot of people. It can be really enjoyable to sit down with a coffee or whatever and read the rp board. The players just have to keep in mind that it is sometimes just ooc information for enjoyment of the player and not information for your character. It's as simple as that.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Probably all obvious but thought I'd chime in. :)
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Achae Eanstray wrote: 4. Are you using ooc information in game such as a forum post your char can't know or even an online list?
Thank you, Achae, this is an interesting topic!

So often, you've no idea how often, I want to know about Ufedhin's diary in game. The gruesome things that dwarf does. *shudders* Unfortunately, Uhuru can't know them and really, that's probably for the best until she falls into a pit of dung covered slimes. But, reading Uffe's diary is one of my greatest pleasures each day.

I, however, have fallen prey to using the player online list in the past. It's easy to do. Knowing everyone online and suddenly someone you don't know shows up and so it must be so-and-so. But, my character can't possibly have this knowledge. There is no "online player list" in her head. I've had to apologize profusely for my total error and somehow work it into RP or ask that it be ignored. Even just knowing what realm a player is from is inappropriate. I try and ask and not assume. Just because we have that information, which is very nice, doesn't mean it is knowledge our character knows.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I have just added a german translation from a VERY nice anonymous donor, thanks! :D
Obsydien

Post by Obsydien »

An interesting idea that was brought up tonight is to make a list of everything you know that you learned in-game and everything you learned out-of-character, whether from the forum, talking to other players, etc., for each character. When you're done, throw out everything you know that is OOC.

Separation is key, and you have to find that balance between knowing what you know and even when to know it, and when not to know. :lol:
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I find it easiest to just read the forum for the town my character resides in, and the HNI forum of course since she goes there regularly. It makes things easier for me, because I'm so simpleminded.

Also if I can't remember how I learned something, IG or OOC, I just have my character 'forget' or not speak up until I remember which it was.

Also also I've been doing this RP thing for a while now, so it comes easy and that first Also doesn't apply to me all that often. ;]
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Tips for good roleplay whether forum or in game: http://www.realmofmystara.com/rp-info/w ... -beginners
The number one cause of conflict between players, and the one thing that is probably the first and foremost thing to live by, is to “separate IC from OOC” which you will come to hear often. What this means is separating the character and its actions from yourself
This also means if you have more then one character, they are not alike...if you find they are too close to being the same it is a very good possibility you are mixing in character and ooc, that is not separating the player from the character. Some people have worked hard on this and decided it is best to simply play one character for awhile. Others have made their second character totally different from the first, different attitude, different friends etc.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Achae Eanstray wrote:
4. Are you using ooc information in game such as a forum post your char can't know or even an online list?[/list]

4. Benutzt du OOC-Informationen im Spiel, solche wie aus dem Forum oder sogar eine Online-Liste, die dein Charakter nicht wissen kann?
Just a quick reminder that a character can't see or have knowledge of the online list. Shouldn't, therefore, be able to use it to figure out who just walked into the marketplace, for instance. If this is your character's only way to figure out who a character is, then they shouldn't know it at all. I do understand that this may help "enhance" your RP, by knowing when someone wakes up and so forth, but it has the potential to ruin someone else's RP as well. Please use the online list thoughtfully (OOCly) and without character involvement. Thanks! :D
Necral

Post by Necral »

Just a quick reminder that a character can't see or have knowledge of the online list. Shouldn't, therefore, be able to use it to figure out who just walked into the marketplace, for instance. If this is your character's only way to figure out who a character is, then they shouldn't know it at all.
Ah, you must be referring to my char that everyone seemed to know who it was! Yes, this problem stemmed from the inability to hide your online status. I am beginning to remember why I left this game initially. :P To be fair, people acted fairly. I don't know how they acted when I left, but I do know that not only a month ago, when my char was a dwarf, one char used ooc knowledge to tell everyone it was my char. It just goes to show what a silly billy the online list can be. I'm past it, really. Couldn't really care less these days! But it can pose a problem.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Necral wrote:
Just a quick reminder that a character can't see or have knowledge of the online list. Shouldn't, therefore, be able to use it to figure out who just walked into the marketplace, for instance. If this is your character's only way to figure out who a character is, then they shouldn't know it at all.
Ah, you must be referring to my char that everyone seemed to know who it was! Yes, this problem stemmed from the inability to hide your online status. I am beginning to remember why I left this game initially. :P To be fair, people acted fairly. I don't know how they acted when I left, but I do know that not only a month ago, when my char was a dwarf, one char used ooc knowledge to tell everyone it was my char. It just goes to show what a silly billy the online list can be. I'm past it, really. Couldn't really care less these days! But it can pose a problem.
Gotta be careful of identifying features that people warn other's about :wink: These are things my characters watch out for, but say if the char wears different armor and uses different weapons alot and since most people can't see whats under (some) armors meh it gets difficult to determine. say Kahramesz for instance, he uses very distinguishible equipment and god forbid he lifts his visor to show a face black as night and bone white hair... bam "ITS DAT DUDE!"

And people generally won't rp hunting and outlaw while they know the outlaw isn't online, when you are a known outlaw it sucks because once you come online you will have people actively searching for your char.

Seriously tho pick a less conspicuous char description :lol:
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

All good advise! Be sure not to mention any characters except possibly your own and only as an example. The online list is very easy to miss and easy to forget it IS online and not in game!
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

A character's inner/outer ranting/monologues in forum RP can seriously influence player opinions thus their characters' opinions in impossible ways. We all know how gratifying it is to bring your IC opinions out there (but not actually spoken to any other character) but I consider it completely needless. It's the worst when someone is standing in front of a town board post, ranting to themselves. Just write a damn reply you nutjob!
Last edited by S'rrt on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarai Flysse

Post by Sarai Flysse »

What happened to the option of making yourself hidden on the online list? This basically solved the problem of people using ooc information, while still letting folks know how many people are online.

I'm basically holding out on 'evil' characters until this or the naming tool is reintroduced.

Forum RP is fun, that's why I do it.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

S'rrt wrote:A character's inner/outer ranting/monologues in forum RP can seriously influence player opinions thus their characters' opinions in impossible ways. We all know how gratifying it is to bring your IC opinions out there (but not actually spoken to any other character) but I consider it completely needless. It's the worst when someone is standing in front of a town board post, ranting to themselves. Just write a damn reply you nutjob!
Another point to this is that sometimes, not always, people seem to make these posts in a deliberate attempt to change the mind of the player reading it, not just by accident. Not saying it happens often, nor am I directing this at anyone in particular. Just saying it happens.

An example of what these posts look like:
Person A writes:
B did X
Person B writes:
B comes up to the board reading what A wrote and says "People are stupid if they believe I did X"

In most of these cases, person B actually did do "X" whatever it was, which makes it even stranger for them to speak such a contradiction out loud if they are all by themselves reading this post on the board.

Characters will only know what person A did, while players will know both things. Yet I've experienced in the past many characters responding and acting like their characters knew what person B "said", even though only the players behind these characters would actually know this, just like S'rrt mentioned. Influencing a character's opinion in impossible ways.

Due to this happening, I'd be in favor of making some sort of rule to separate forum roleplay and forum roleplay posts to some degree.
Make posts where people act, speak, etc their own topics, possibly marked with [RP] or something. Limiting the RP posts where people write parchment onto a board to simply that, the parchment and perhaps some emote like " a messenger hangs up a notice on the board", though keep the reactions containing the opinions of characters away from it.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I agree completely with Annabeth, I was meaning to mention pretty much the same things.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

I have been known to have back an forth arguments like I'm there talking to the person. Annabeth I like your idea. From now own if someone post something that azure wants to discuss I'll send a (dove)pm to meet whether it be IG or in my rp for my character. I hope others will use this idea cause it makes sense
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Why do people write letters in the same voice they talk in?
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Because Grammer was an invention of snobs when it became common knowledge how to write. They wanted to differ their (rich) education from those of the common folk. Before that time people wrote how they talked.
Achae Eanstray

OOC

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Ooc meaning out of character which is accompanied by (( and )) should be limited according to most roleplayers...the question is how much and when? Most tend to agree that for new players it may be extended though it would help a lot to encourage irc even then since Irc is pretty active now and it would greatly assist a new player to talk to other players.

Some players don't like any ooc saying it disrupts the roleplay. So.. possibly placing a general "wish" value might help and also unless you need to reach a larger audience.. Please whisper.

If more then a line or two of a neutral subject ask the other to go to irc or PM.

If the subject isn't neutral and you realize it could cause problems or is an issue that requires a rather long explanation...start out your request with the other meeting you in irc.

Realize these are simply rough guidelines but hopefully can help in judging your ooc.

Forum roleplay should have very little if any ooc.. and if you can be creative enough it could possibly be even avoided in game. Attempt an in game solution first before resorting to ooc.
Mephistopheles

Conflict rp

Post by Mephistopheles »

I feel the need to reiterate what we all should already know about conflict rp.

Conflict isn't always combat or physical like fighting off a thief, or hunting a criminal. It can be political or even philosophical. A huge thing you need to remember when going into conflict with your character be it of any kind, is work to come out on top but be prepared to lose, even if you're a bad guy, a good guy, or even a neutral guy who wants to keep to himself. Everyone should have their little victories and defeats or else things get boring if one group wins all the time. Morality is chaotic and never balanced, it's always changing and never stays the same.

Often times we ignore how the other player might feel if we simply disregard them and their rp in our own pursuit to overcome the conflict, I have done it, the reader most likely has done it so we simply need to be mindful of it. Just remember no person or group is omnipotent. If you cannot deal with this then you should not play a roleplaying game and go play a game where you always end up winning, roleplaying is trying to be realistic, and in reality you don't always win.
Lord Arcia

Re: Conflict rp

Post by Lord Arcia »

Let's face it.

We're all playing a more advanced version of "cops and robbers" w/ a graphical interface. It's not always fun to be the winner. Don't be a loser and lose. Or we'll take our ball and go play somewhere else.
Ragorn

Re: Conflict rp

Post by Ragorn »

The point is, that every rp, especially conflict rp, must be fun for both parts and all role paying actions must be agreed with all parts.
Achae Eanstray

Re: Roleplay....

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Permission to move the topic of conflict roleplay here as a good addition to the roleplay thread, thanks!

Achae
Achae Eanstray

Re: Roleplay....ooc

Post by Achae Eanstray »

We use irc and PM's along with other forms of communication for out of character conversations and also to discuss some confusing actions in game not wishing to do ooc in the game. Yet how much of this communication is too much? Possibly when hard feelings tend to develop.

Typically when I see this happening and two people can't agree on something related to a char or in game action I would say "Let's just agree to disagree" and go back to roleplaying in game my char as I feel they should be and avoiding anymore discussion ooc.

Sometimes avoiding any ooc is best and keeping it all in game. In my opinion this is part of roleplaying. Too much ooc gets in game and ooc mixed and no matter how good you are at roleplaying... it is hard to avoid that mix with your char.
Falyame

Post by Falyame »

Hello everyone,

Im not regulary online on Illarion nor play that often but there is some behaviour I noticed that I want to complain about because it extremly annoys me and kills the RP-atmosphere.

It is a behaviour that I call: " #i - collecting "

When a stranger comes into the RP-area all players would like to know who that stranger is, well thats normal but ..... When Falyame is in a conversation with another character I mostly have the situation that my dialogue partner turns around, watching the stranger (although he coudnt see him because he has no eyes nor tomatoes on the back of his head), walking to the stranger and introduces himself to snatch the strangers name. Than he comes back to me and we continue our talk.
This kind of talking with the stranger could look like: P: "Hello, I´ve never seen you here before, who are you? My name is BLABLABLA."
Stranger: "Hello, my name XYZ, nice to meet you."
BLABLABLA: "(( #i pls))
BLABLABLA: ((thank you))
BLABLABLA: VEry well, welcome to our town, may the five be with you. Farewell."

Another situation that happens to me too is, that I cant really start a normal and non-significant Roleplay-talk unless I give an #i which seems to be really forced by that player.
This kind of talking with the stranger could look like:

Falyame opens her depot. Another character is standing next to her. (Falyame is the stranger in that matter)

Stranger: "Excuse me, are you maybe a smith? Im looking for someone who can sell me a good sickle."
Character XY: "Hello, well, who are you?"
Stranger: "Im sorry ... I was just looking for a sickle..."
Character: "Well I dont know you. Who are you?"

These situation I wrote are really exaggerated but I hope they can show you what my intention was.
This RP-behaviours are making the impression to me, that people are eager to collect all unknown names, asking for an #i (also in an agrressive and forced way).

It makes no fun for me and after these situation Im not really in the mood to continue the RP. I have nothing against the players behind the characters nor the characters itselves, it is just the behaviour and this behaviour kills the whole situation. I hope most of you players are understanding me or even feeling the same.
Players should ask themselves if their characters have really an IG-reason to ask for a strangers name in that way and if this kind of situation is rather senseless, obtues and mindless than helpfull for the RP-atmosphere OR if this behaviour fits into your character´s nature. I dont believe that Real Life looks like the same. Well, this here is an online fantasy game but we want to have it as realistic as possible by transferring Real Life experience.
My character Falyame tries to avoid this kind of behaviour (well I try to avoid), although she is a really curious person. I also would like to get all unknown names. But I try to find these names out while I roleplay no matter if it takes more time than I would like to spend for it. It can also make a lot of fun and a reall good roleplay can develop.
There is a much more eloquent and elegant way for those #i-collectings than forcing an #i.

Well, my two cents about that. What do you think? Do you think/feel the same. Have you experience the same situations?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hallo an alle,

ich bin nicht regelmäßig online, geschweige denn oft, aber da ist ein Verhalten im Spiel, dass ich bemerkt habe und welches mich extremst stört und die RP-Atmosphäre tötet.

Es ist ein Verhalten, dass ich " #i - Sammeln " nenne.

Wenn ein Fremder in das RP-Areal kommt, möchte jeder Spieler seinen Namen wissen ...nuja, das ist soweit normal, ABER ......wenn Falyame in einer Konversation mit jemand anderen ist, passiert es mir oft, dass mein Konversationspartner sich zum Fremden umdreht (obwohl er weder Augen noch Tomaten am Hinterkopf hat), ihn ansieht, mich verlässt, zum Fremden hingeht und sich bei ihm vorstellt, um seinen Name zu ergattern. Danach kommt er zurück zu mir und wir setzen unser Gespräch fort.
Diese Art von Situation kann wie folgt aussehen: P: "Hallo, ich habe dich hier noch nie zuvor gesehen, wer bist du? Ich heiße BLABLABLA."
Fremder: "Hallo, ich heiße XYZ, freut mich dich kennen zu lernen."
BLABLABLA: " ((#i bitte))"
BLABLABLA." ((danke))
BLABLABLA: Nun denne, herzlich willkommen in unserer Stadt. Mögen die Fünf mit dir sein. Auf wiedersehen."

Eine andere SItuation, die mir auch passiert ist, ist zB, dass ich nicht einmal eine normal bedeutungslose RP-Unterhaltung beginnen kann bevor ich kein #i gebe , was sich für mich wie "gezwungenes Rollenspiel" vorkommt.
Diese Art von Gespräch könnte wie folgt aussehen:

Falyame öffnet ihre Truhe. Ein anderer Charakter steht neben ihr. (Falyame ist in diesem Fall die Fremde)

Fremder: "Verzeihung, seid Ihr vielleicht ein Schmied? Ich suche jemanden, der mir eine gute Sichel verkaufen kann."
Charakter XY: "Hallo, nun, wer bist du?"
Fremder: "Tut mir leid .... ich wollte doch nur eine Sichel ..."
Charaker XY: "Ich kenn dich nicht. Wer bist du?"

Diese Situationen habe ich überspitzt dargestellt, aber ich hoffe ihr versteht meine Intention.
Dieses RP-Verhalten hat für mich den Eindruck, dass die Spieler einfach nur erpicht darauf sind alle unbekannte Name zu sammeln. Sie fragen nach einem #i, welches unter anderem auf eine aggressive Art sein kann, für welches RP-technisch keine wirklichen Grund gibt.

Mir macht es nach solchen Situationen keine Spaß mehr weiter zur RPen. Ich habe nichts gegen die Spieler hinter den Charaktere weder noch gegen die Charaktere selbst. Es ist nur dieses Verhalten, welches die ganze RP-Situation tötet. Ich hoffe die meisten von euch verstehen mich und empfinden sogar das gleiche.
Spieler sollten sich selbst fragen, ob ihre Charakter wirklcih einen IG-Grund haben den Fremden auf so eine Weise nach seinen Namen zu fragen und ob so eine Situation nicht eher sinnlos, plump, stumpfsinnig und stupide als wirklich hilfreich für die Rollenspielatmosphäre ist ODER ob dieses Verhalten auch wirklich zum Verhalten eures Charakters passt.
Ich bezweifle, dass es im realen Leben auch so aussieht. Nunja, dies ist hier ein online Fantasy-Spiel, aber man will ja ein Spiel so nahbar und realistisch wie nur möglich gestalten indem man Teile der realen Welt auf das Spiel überträgt. Und dieses Verhalten wirft mich auch tatsächlich wieder zurück in die "real Welt" und es fällt mir schwer, mich wieder ins RP einzufinden.
Mein Charakter Falyame vermeidet so gut wie möglich (nunja, das tue ich als Spieler) so ein Verhalten, obwohl sie eine wirklich sehr neugierige Person ist. Ich selbst möcht doch auch die Namen wissen, aber ich finde diese Name schon aus dem puren Rollenspiel irgendwann heraus, ganz gleich wieviel Zeit es in Anspruch nimmt. So eine Zeitinvestition kann durch das Rollenspiel sogar Spaß machen und ein sehr gutes Rollenspiel zu Tage bringen.
Es gibt eine wirklcih viel eloquentere und elegantere Art und Weise ein #i zu bekommen und dieses " #i-Sammlen" zu kaschieren, als es auf diese Art gewissermaßen zu erzwingen.

Nundenn, das war mein Senf dazu. Was denkt ihr darüber? DEnkt/ fühlt ihr genauso? Ist euch auch schonmal so ein "Rollenspiel" aufgetaucht?

Ich entschuldige mich hier für die ganzen Sprach- und Rechtschreibfehler .... ich glaub ich werd einfach zu alt für 2 Sprachen hintereinander schreiben.
Last edited by Falyame on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Yeah it is aggravating both cases. I mean first unless you see me or hear me you don't know I'm behind you. Its why I made my thief I wanted to play leave the three realms. I'm thankful azure kicked off cause I was losing interest. And the second case me being a carpenter and minor smith I would have rped it like this

Stranger: excuse me are you a smith I'm looking to buy or trade for a sickle
Me: yes I am, a sickle you say sure how many would you like me to make you.
Stranger: what would be the cost.
Me: I usually charge 5 silver apiece but I am wandering can you make thread I need about 20 spoils of thread
Stranger: how many sickles would that get me.
Me:: an even swap 20 for 20.
Stranger: sounds great
Me : oh before I forget I am ABC what name should I put on this order
Stranger: a pleasure just put down xyz
Me nods.

That's how I do it and know I can assign a name to a stranger they can give me a false name cause I double click and one anywayz.
Falyame

Post by Falyame »

Thanks Azure, that is a really beautiful RP-proposal for that case :D. I like it.
nathi

Post by nathi »

Falyame wrote: …….. as if there would be a "Name-contest" in this game. And the winner with the most names he collected wins something…..
hej

the thing is, there is a contest: http://illarion.org/statistics/de_highs ... #socialite

lg nathi
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Line of sight is an interesting concept to bring up. My character was walking out of the Hempty to hunt and someone actually chased her down and accused her of being afraid of him because she "ran" from him. The whole while, he was behind her and she couldn't see him. After explaining this to him twice, that she didn't even know he was there, he still didn't believe her and continued to ask why she ignored the fact that he was there.

If your character is behind another character, don't expect them to come up with a reason to see that you are there. They don't usually have eyes in the back of their head. Some may have sensitive hearing, if you are rocks or crunchy snow or something, but generally speaking, move to line of sight or speak to get someone's attention.