A lizardfolks's reproductive system?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

RobinValentine

A lizardfolks's reproductive system?

Post by RobinValentine »

So I've been playing an elfess prostitute and was just hired by a lizard. This interaction made me wonder, "Do lizardfolk even have the usual genitalia?" So I asked a roommate who has played this game considerably longer than I have and he told me a story of an RP session where this was, again, in question. I felt like I should make a thread to try and finalize the matter and was curious what you all thought about it! If you look at real life, there are three types of lizards as far as reproduction is concerned (which honestly complicates the matter): one that develops the egg inside the female and gives "birth," one that lays eggs in the way people typically think of eggs, and one that is genderless and asexually reproduces. Because we have male and female lizardfolk, we can easily disregard that last one, however that leaves the last two as feasible options. In those two males do in fact have a penis much like a mammals (and if we are assuming these fantasy beings are anything like reality, it is two pronged unlike a mammals one.) For simplicity's sake I'd like to think our lizard folk are like the IRL lizards that keep their eggs safe inside of them rather than lays eggs and that males have this odd genitalia. What do you all think?
Vern Kron

Re: A lizardfolks's reproductive system?

Post by Vern Kron »

So, there is a lot to be said here. I think the first thing important is this:

http://illarion.org/illarion/us_rules.php#behavior

Basically, there shouldn't be sexual roleplay in the game. I get that it seems like it is ok, but we also have no actual way to prevent minors from the game. With harassment laws, and child protection, and all of this stuff, it is best to just avoid it. The last thing I think any player here wants to do is create a scarring situation for a young person, simply out of ignorance. It could be as simple as referencing personal preferences (not gender, but traits), that could cause body shame in a person.

As for the actual way it operates, there is definitely a leaning towards male and female lizards IG, as opposed to asexual. I think most current roleplay leans towards them not carrying eggs, but laying eggs.

As for romantic encounters in game, I would recommend that if your character gets into situations like that, to take it to a private location, and log out.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Moved to new players.. there might be more with similar questions.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Eggs are laid outside of the body.

There I did it, it's canon now.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Eggs are laid outside the body.

Two pillars of the community have confirmed it.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

There are some ingame references to eggs, such as the term hatchling being used by NPCs. I think it is safe to say that lizards lay eggs. If they put them into a nest, carry them around or even put them in the water like amphibians is up to your imagination.

One thing is clear: Lizards cannot mate successfully with e.g. Elves to bring birth to half breeds. Keep the post of Vern in mind, this game is mostly asexuell. Speaking about asexuality, in the past, we just had one avatar for lizards, so no one could tell females from males.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Estralis Seborian wrote:in the past, we just had one avatar for lizards, so no one could tell females from males.
Not just in the past :D
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Lol I did not realise the current avatars are also identical. As I cannot even separate females from males, elves from humans and halflings from dwarves, I'm probably not the most competent person ;-). To me, it looks like we have four avatars, only. Thanks heaven we have dresses and long hair as well as beards to tell at least the genders apart.
rakust dorenstkzul

Won't lie. I can't tell elves and humans apart. I wish there was a button on the online list to convert back to the old online way of organising by race
Matron

Post by Matron »

Hemipenis! That is why you can't tell the difference. It is hiding until you find it.

But eggs outside the body, totally!
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

rakust dorenstkzul

This is the thread where lizard players discuss their genitalia. Come on in!
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Question was answered.

Topic locked