As well as participating in quests, all players are welcome to run their own quests. Many quests can be done by players without any GM assistance or approval. Some examples of these are:
Service to your favoured god
- Hunts (treasure and mass killing)
- Social celebrations - weddings etc
- Town / guild meetings
- Games such as playing dice
- Arms training
- Contests (fighters, crafters, bards)
Examples of things a GM can help with:
- A broadcast in game to announce the start of a quest or some other action in game.
- Customised items.
- Set up of temporary installations for events.
- Building projects and permanent map modifications.
- Monster spawns, special effects, and NPC characters.
What a GM needs to know to be able to help:
- A concise summary of your quest.
- Any background or activity already underway in game.
- What GM support you will need and when. (make sure your time can coincide with the GM's time)
- What outcome you are expecting.
GMs: are Slightly or Silverwing
The quest planner: http://illarion.org/statistics/us_quests_edit.php
can be fairly self explanatory however it may help to have someone look at what you are planning. If your quest is open to all players it is helpful if there are both English and German entries.
- Title would be something like: "Altar of the Five" (Short, eye catching and to the point)
- Description example would be something like "Come join others in exploring the altar of the five, learn the significance of each one in relation to that god, boost your history knowledge, discuss what each god can contribute to your daily lives."
- The time is per server. You can look on the launcher to compare your time to the times of other quests listed.