level up from monsters

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

themonk

level up from monsters

Post by themonk »

Does it matter what creatures you fight to level up? ie. if im lvl 80 slash, parry + armour will killing mummies level me up?

I have noticed if I wear med armour but light armour shoes I level up light armour if attacked by scarabs or slimes. Is this caus they nipple at my feet? (lower armour set)
Ranwyln

Re: level up from monsters

Post by Ranwyln »

I think they have to be at a higher level too (as i know there are level 1-9 monsters, but not sure about that), because i was hitting on monsters for hours already (i am already at a pretty high level) and didnt gained a single point so far and i guess thats because the monsters i am hitting are just too low and the big ones just eat me like breakfast.

Cheers PO Ranwyln
themonk

Post by themonk »

Thanks, we could use a list of monsters levelled 1-9
Rakaya

Post by Rakaya »

Monster have also a level in the different skills and you also need a max difference of +/-20.
High level monster regenerate.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

maxing skills is very hard but possible on npc creatures. you can figure out the general monster levels at the arena. as lv 80 skills gurk should be fighting high end monsters like lvs 6 and 7 once you hit 90s you'll need to be fighting 7s 8s and close to maxing you would need to fight lv 9s. and also note since skill gain is measured by the governing stat non warrior builds it will be near impossible to max your skills on npcs, you'll need a player character to "train" you.

typing more details is tedious and im lazy :P

hope this helps
themonk

Post by themonk »

Why is my light armour lvling at 20 on diamond and lava golems and fire raptors wouldn't they be too high?

I think salkmarian armour may be gliched my 89 med armour skill hasn't gained 1point in months... I just want it to be 90!!!!!
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

themonk wrote:Why is my light armour lvling at 20 on diamond and lava golems and fire raptors wouldn't they be too high?
Your opponents attack skill cannot be too high only too low.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Thanks Jupiter
themonk

Post by themonk »

Does anyone know what element of fighting creature use?

We all know spiders and archers use stabbing element but what about skeletons? Are wolves wresting element? Are dragons slash?

Just wondering because unlike Warriors and thiefs in the race foes you cant see weapons held by skeletons and zombies etc.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

thats for you to find out or to ask an experienced adventurer ig. its actually kinda fun to figure out what things the npc monsters use and sometimes it keeps you guessing.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

The player should know what the monster uses. We plan to organise everything in a way that players can simply tell by the graphic displayed when the monster attacks what attack kind it uses. However, that will take a long time, since it is a lot of paper work and has no high priority.
themonk

Post by themonk »

That will be awesome Jupiter, well worth the wait.

Meph how are you supposed to find out yourself? Apart from monitoring what damage you take (which is hit and miss and hard to determine) There is no way of knowing what kind of attack element each NPC uses.

The ones we know

Spiders bite with pierce
Archers are self explanatory
Humans and other races and classes have visual weapons

The ones I am unsure about.

I am assuming skeletons follow the race classes ie. Warrior skele uses slash and mysthic/lich uses blunt? (much like the human mage or orc shaman.)
Trolls I am assuming use wresting.
Dogs and wolves and scarabs seem to use wrestling as the sound effect is the same as a PO char wrestling strikes.
I have no clue what dragons use. They can smash slash and bite.
I suspect mummies us unarmed as well as slimes.
Im wondering if zombie giants use unarmed also.

Just thought it be an interesting subject to discuss. There is no point asking IG "experienced* characters for BRO science advice, its always best to hear from the horses mouth and that's the GMs.
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

There is no good reason for us not to be told how each monster attacks. Yes the new graphics are better, but they still don't clearly show the manner of attack. However, our characters can see clearly what is used against them. They would know if they were being punched, stabbed, slashed or smashed.
Sometimes this answer of " find out IG dude" is just another way of saying " I don't want you to know "
Try playing WITH each other. It really won't hurt your IG experience to share some knowledge of the game.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Pugnacious wrote:There is no good reason for us not to be told how each monster attacks. Yes the new graphics are better, but they still don't clearly show the manner of attack. However, our characters can see clearly what is used against them. They would know if they were being punched, stabbed, slashed or smashed.
Sometimes this answer of " find out IG dude" is just another way of saying " I don't want you to know "
Try playing WITH each other. It really won't hurt your IG experience to share some knowledge of the game.
Well said mate. even if the emotes are edited IE. instead of *bone ghost twists his skull making a cracking noise* how about * bone ghost's skeletal fingers crackle while grasping its magical purple dildo long-sword*
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Zombie giants use blunt weps, Golden bone dragons use slashing, mosammount of what t golems use blunt, dead king uses daggers, bone ghost uses blunt... I know a decent ammount of what creatures use. I can even say possibly what armor type they use as well.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Interesting thanks.