Dual wield fighting system

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mephistopheles

Dual wield fighting system

Post by Mephistopheles »

Can we bring back the Dual wield? I like to rp dual wielding rogue or warrior. Perhaps add Dual wield skill?
Athian

Re: Dual wield fighting system

Post by Athian »

Duel wielding weapons is likely not coming back in the future. The old Duel wielding was very imbalanced mechanically speaking, So even if the dev's were motivated to return duel wielding to the system it wouldn't be anything like the pre-VBU variety that you remember.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

No dual wielding. In addition to what Athian said: Paperdolling can't show weapons in both hands.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Thank goodness for that, duel wielding can still be done in a sense ,but the off hand weapon wont be shown (except in your characters equipment ,or we could not 100% on that now) or feature in the fight.
Which i might add is far closer to real weapon use ,aside from an off hand parry weapon ,duel wielding was incredibly rare infact almost non existant in the medievil world.This is for a very good reason ,duel wielding while looking good would also leave you very dead in a fight with anyone half competent with a single weapon and shield.Very few of us are fully ambidextrous and any thing less than this puts the duel wielder at a huge disadvantage aside from having to train and train and train.......we dont want this back ever....
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Ufedhin wrote:Thank goodness for that, duel wielding can still be done in a sense ,but the off hand weapon wont be shown (except in your characters equipment ,or we could not 100% on that now) or feature in the fight.
Which i might add is far closer to real weapon use ,aside from an off hand parry weapon ,duel wielding was incredibly rare infact almost non existant in the medievil world.This is for a very good reason ,duel wielding while looking good would also leave you very dead in a fight with anyone half competent with a single weapon and shield.Very few of us are fully ambidextrous and any thing less than this puts the duel wielder at a huge disadvantage aside from having to train and train and train.......we dont want this back ever....
I wouldn't say that we dont want it back ever.... Dual wielding is a common trait in fantasy themed media. Supporting it will help retain more players. And while yes, dual wielding isn't practical in real life... It's a fantasy a game in the end. Could write up a pretty long article about how impractical the entire crafting system is as well. In the end, dual wielding is fun and allows players to participate in this aspect which is available in almost every other game. I understand it had imbalances, but I'd like to see this added in the future.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

The system was good to learn two fighting styles such as puncture and slashing. Each was learned slower.. I suspect one or the other was picked and probably the least experienced mostly, however was safer then using duel weapons alone on inexperienced skills. I am hoping one day we may get them back also.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I can say one thing for sure. With the current client and the current way how paperdolling is implemented we will not enable dual weapon combat. The reason is that we would have to render the required weapon graphics for the second hand. This workload and the additional load for the client just is not worth the dual combat.