Long-Time No-Play, Questions Regarding Client and Movement

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ambrosine

Long-Time No-Play, Questions Regarding Client and Movement

Post by Ambrosine »

Hello. I've been away for a while, and I've a few questions.
I'm running on a mac, laptop, I've no numpad, though I do play with a mouse. Last I played was before this new client.

1st
I can't seem to make wasd work. The client doesn't respond to those keys for me. Also, although regular arrow directions work, function+arrow keys results in strange directions:
fn+left = northward movement
fn+up = eastward movement
fn+right = westward movement
fn+down = southward movement
Resulting in up and right resulting in latitudinal movement while down and left result in longitudinal movement. I was wondering if this was intentional? It's extremely unintuitive.

2nd
Right-clicking doesn't seem to bring up any interfaces anymore?

3rd
Mouse hovering results in a label for items that does not fade away at all; how can I reduce the amount of time labels stay up?

4th
Are there any new-client parallels to /mine, /fish, /use, /examine, /desc?

5th
Is there a key-stroke shortcut for the button "Pick up all items in range"?
Or
Is there a way to pick up items via the mouse besides dragging them to your character?

6th
How does one open chests (or barrels)?

7th
How does one toggle whisper, shout, ooc?

8th
How does one create/save a description for their character that can be quickly pasted into the chat box?
Or
Is there a way to create a character description that another person can see on mouse-over?

9th
How does one examine characters?

10th
What does devotion to a god do?
Achae Eanstray

Re: Long-Time No-Play, Questions Regarding Client and Moveme

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Welcome.. scooting you over to a forum that some of the sticky's may answer your question. This is one about toggle keys: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =6&t=37440

Last I heard the wasd was bugged and not working well.. hopefully it will be fixed in an update. Right click is attack.. you'll see the typical red circle.

The description is being worked on.. a good link to find out what is going on is Mantis: http://illarion.org/mantis

Devotion to a god does nothing except a little RP right now though will probably be a big difference with the priest magic. Your char will "hear" about their devotion to one particular god when they come to any altar.

On mouse hovering label try to change it in options before you sign into the game however sorry, I can't remember which one to change.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

wasd was removed. Most didn't use and it caused people to walk when the wanted to talk. Won't come back.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Thank you both for the reply! I had seen the post regarding keystrokes. And thanks for the answers.

As far as options for the client - I don't see any for labels. The options available seem quite limited. Under the graphics tab I only see "Resolution", "Full Screen Mode", and "Show Frames per Second".

Funny enough, my old Mantis account works, but I wasn't able to find anything regarding descriptions - I'll take your word for it, though. Should I post the problem with function+arrow keys? I didn't find anything specifically related to that problem...

I had my first death today - I'm not really sure how/what/who by, but it was very confusing and I sat still for a long time because I didn't know what was going on. It took me a while to figure out that I was supposed to be doing something. It didn't occur to me that I was dead or what was even happening until I respawned...
All that I have in my log is this:
Someone says: Nub stare at me like dat!
Saeliah stumbles back and falls to the ground.

What happened?