Mules?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Mules?

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I have not seen any Mules yet.

There are stables for them, but no sign or NPC renting them.

Are they available or are they offline?

If so, When can they be returned to be used?

Thank you!
Arien Edhel

Re: Mules?

Post by Arien Edhel »

They'll come back - someday^^.
Zot

Post by Zot »

Juniper Onyx wrote:I have not seen any Mules yet.
Me neither!
Juniper Onyx wrote:There are stables for them, but no sign or NPC renting them.
Indeed, there are no such NPC's IG.
Juniper Onyx wrote:Are they available or are they offline?
Offline.
Juniper Onyx wrote:If so, When can they be returned to be used?
Probably never, since there is no need for mules, because the ressources are just outside the city.
Juniper Onyx wrote:Thank you!
Your welcome.
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

Zot wrote:
Juniper Onyx wrote:If so, When can they be returned to be used?
Probably never, since there is no need for mules, because the ressources are just outside the city.
However, they could still be useful for characters with low strength, especially if you want to collect more than five or six units. Or if some heavy items (bricks, cutted stones...) for projects should be transported ingame.

Just my five cent
Mr.Oldie

Post by Mr.Oldie »

Alrik wrote: However, they could still be useful for characters with low strength, especially if you want to collect more than five or six units. Or if some heavy items (bricks, cutted stones...) for projects should be transported ingame.

Just my five cent

Characters with low strength is like that cos other attributes has been concentrated on..
you could easily use food/ Potions for atleast a limit to counter this and increase your strength..
A new NPC has been rumored to be in the making to change attributes IG in future(distant or near.. not sure)

transporting goods for projects could just be RPed and more fun could be had...
forming a line from depot to the site and tossing tossable amount of heavy items could be done...
also.. Job oppurtunities Like "carriers" can be used too...
more interaction/RP that way...

And anyways bringing back mules would lead to mass production of things, characters grinding time using it as transportable depot..
and the Bugs with the mules...
chances of characters abusing the usage of heavy storage...
To sum it up... Its not worth the trouble to create/have mules... right now

May be once all the needed features.... magic and alll the balancing needed to be done are finished..
then may be DEVs can find a way to bring back mules..
sooo Patience people....
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

There are currently no plans to implement mules again.
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

Of course, if something could done with rp and including more than just one or two players it´s better and moren fun than just standing alone in a mine for hours.

But sometimes... Sometimes mules could be usefull. The guys who help you carry are not arround, even with food or potions you have to walk several times from a mine/a forrest/etc and have the risk to face some monsters while walking the way back to town while carry a heavy burden (even if it is fun that not everything could be gotten in the easy way without any danger, could be annoying after the fifth time). Could happen. So if you could get a mule for this, could be helpfull, even if they are expensive to rent or just follow you a limited time.
Mr.Oldie wrote: A new NPC has been rumored to be in the making to change attributes IG in future(distant or near.. not sure)
I know this, but those events are not every day, and as I´ve written above.... Mulesstill could be helpfull and keep players having fun at playing a crafter, merchant, miner, lumberjack or equal proffesions in which you have to get stuff from point a to point b.
Mr.Oldie wrote: And anyways bringing back mules would lead to mass production of things...
Already possible at the moment. Without mules...
Mr.Oldie wrote: May be once all the needed features.... magic and alll the balancing needed to be done are finished..
then may be DEVs can find a way to bring back mules..
sooo Patience people....
I did not expect or demand that it that mules are implemented again till tomorrow. I realize that some things are more urgent or more important at the moment, but oh well, just wanted to say my opinion on it because I personally would find it good if this feature would be back again - even if it is in the far future
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Thanks for the answers.

When Mules first came out, they were wonderful! Sure, there were a few bugs at first, but they worked! When 'construction' projects are needed ingame, we used them a lot! Like the Tunnel in Galmair, Mules would be very helpful right now. Who wants to walk to the Mine 500 times just to gather 20,000 raw stone???? If we cannot make Depots closer to the Mines ingame (I tried, and was denied), then Mules would be a better option. They can't run, so you have to be careful anyways.

Even now, how can we 'reasonably' conduct trade between cities, you know like "normal" economies, without some form of 'heavy' transport? The Mules we had in Gobaith worked quite well. My characters used them all the time. The only other idea I have is to make a way to teleport all goods from one town depot to another, but that would be "too" easy and take a long time to create for the Devs. Very few people walk between cities now, but Mules would also force people to walk more.

I know that Mules may have a few bugs, but they already exist, and could be added someday rather easily. Please consider bringing them back...someday. Otherwise, the trade between cities (If Any) will continue to limit Roleplay, Economy and hamper craftsmen to transport wares. I have been playing for over three weeks now, and I see almost no players actually transport large quantities of goods between towns. Everyone pretty much stays in their city. That's not helping to foster trade between players, it is actually a slow death.

Don't just destroy the Mules, but consider bringing them back someday. Personally, I miss those stubborn beasts. They were useful! :)
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

We will probably not bring back mules for several reasons. Most were already mentioned (bugs, easy to abuse). Another one is that we do not have the graphics required for them after the VBU.
So what we will most certainly do is to create a mail system where you can also mail items (no worries, there will be a fee, we know you like fees :twisted:). That way trading will be more fun, but you still need to gather your resources without feature abuse.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Mail sounds even better...would be great for different times chars are in game. Hopefully not too expensive or possibly by weight alone so a brisk trade can be done. :D
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Vilarion wrote:We will probably not bring back mules for several reasons. Most were already mentioned (bugs, easy to abuse). Another one is that we do not have the graphics required for them after the VBU.
So what we will most certainly do is to create a mail system where you can also mail items (no worries, there will be a fee, we know you like fees :twisted:). That way trading will be more fun, but you still need to gather your resources without feature abuse.
Ah!!! That makes much sense. Thank you. A 'Mail' transport system sounds great! That would help cities trade and interact more. Thanks!

:idea: Idea: Maybe modify the current "Pads" the leaders have that characters can donate items, but instead of disappearing into the Leaders treasuries, the players could instead also select the destination of the items placed on the pad? A small menu would appear to ask them if they want to "Donate" or "Transport to Cadomyr", "Transport to Galmair" or "Transport to Runewick" for a 'fee' of course! Just like the current Teleport Menus? :D
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

Interesting. But we will probably just mail to other Characters, online or offline. Then you can collect that mail in your home town. If you are an outlaw... you do not have a home town. Too bad. :twisted:
Mr.Oldie

Post by Mr.Oldie »

how about a depot at the portals?? fill it with things and then mail to :
name of character and portal name
that way you can even mail to yourself.. if you are just transfering things from your own depots in two realms..

no one would mind running from realm depot to portal depot to fill it whith necessary items i guess
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

How will you prevent people to mix characters and send items across characters if a mail system like this comes in place?
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

You will not be able to mail to characters in your own account, except the current character of course. Also the system will certainly not be easily abusable. That means it will not provide you with a de facto depot in every town e.g.