Attacking Players

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Anson

Attacking Players

Post by Anson »

Hi everyone. I've played Illarion before - several years ago, and came back for the VBU - which is wonderful! Great job to everyone that helped with it. :D

I have a question, I feel like when I originally played, other players just attacking you without consent was frowned upon? I don't know, I was just trying to work up a little RP today, and got into a little confrontation that led to my guy getting shot at (which I didn't expect to happen, as I did no provoking whatsoever).

I made my guy live in Galmair because he isn't really innocent and likes his coin, but I guess I didn't expect the town to be this tough to start out in. Any thoughts?
Hew Keenaxe

Re: Attacking Players

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Illarion is still a RP game. It is not proper to take an action against another character (shoving, handcuffing, attacking) without a RP reason, without Rping your intentions first (conversation, emoting) and allowing the other to react in some way. The !gm function still works if you feel it is needed.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

As Hew mentioned, there is a !gm function in game for any question of rule breaks. These are the main rules and it is advised all players read them. http://illarion.org/illarion/us_rules.php Irc can also be your friend for quick questions: http://illarion.org/community/us_chat.php
If you look at the bottom of the page you can see a list of the GM's and also the CM's which can help with game problems not necessarily rule breakers, and welcome back! :D
Anson

Post by Anson »

Thanks for the input guys. I don't think it was what I would consider !gm worthy. I just was surprised that my first real night back IG started out like that. It was different than I remembered starting out. But I logged back on and had a good time meeting up with a group of people that didn't shoot my char because he's a halfer. :)
Damien

Post by Damien »

Probably people had the idea that halfers look bigger with arrows in them ?
:lol:
Only joking.

It may be that someone else accidentally right-clicked your char with a distance weapon in hands. That can happen quite easily, although i'd expect a "sorry", at least an ooc-ish one, when finding out. :wink: