NPC (Monster) Mages

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

HolyKnight

NPC (Monster) Mages

Post by HolyKnight »

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature so posting here first. I was fighting an elven mage near some hedge maze on my way from Hemptie to Cadomyr. I can't see the thing shooting me from the shadows so I quickly take refuge in this building. The mage continues to shoot me through the wall.

Okay... so fortunately for me there is a second story to this building so I go up there for further refuge. The damn mage portals up there and starts shooting me with arrows and hitting me with fireballs. I attack it a few times and retreat back down stairs. It follows me again. So I go back up stairs. This time he teleports on top of one of the black columns where I can't hit him and starts hitting me with arrows and fireballs.

xD
Stig

Re: NPC (Monster) Mages

Post by Stig »

That happened to me as well, in the same place.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

HolyKnight wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or a feature so posting here first. I was fighting an elven mage near some hedge maze on my way from Hemptie to Cadomyr. I can't see the thing shooting me from the shadows so I quickly take refuge in this building. The mage continues to shoot me through the wall.

Okay... so fortunately for me there is a second story to this building so I go up there for further refuge. The damn mage portals up there and starts shooting me with arrows and hitting me with fireballs. I attack it a few times and retreat back down stairs. It follows me again. So I go back up stairs. This time he teleports on top of one of the black columns where I can't hit him and starts hitting me with arrows and fireballs.

xD
*like* lolololol
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Shutup troll.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

The only way we avoided it was one char went one way.. the other the opposite. Got it confused. Seems to me a bug if the thing can shoot through bushes of the maze and I can't though.

*waves to the troll*
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Hi,
plz use the bugtrackter Mantis. AFAIK this can be avoid by change the map a bit / make the collums unpassable.

http://illarion.org/mantis/my_view_page.php
Flux

Post by Flux »

A mage can create a spell whereever he can see, within its range. That's no bug.

That's like saying it's a bug that archers can hit you across a river when you use melee weapons.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Shoot meaning archery i.e. this mage can "magically" shoot arrows over bushes and through walls if this is considered a spell...then not a bug. The mage shoots with bow and arrow, moves per teleportation.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Not that the mage can teleport is the bug but that he does where nobody can reach him or hit him, thats just lame, illa is about fun not to be lame - so i call it a bug :D
Flux

Post by Flux »

Ah, I thought KEL RAs, not arrows. I won't be at a pc for a few hours but I'll have a look later.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

A mage appearing to be annoying, overpowered, and broken? Working as intended.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Yeah, i'd say he powergamed pretty well, uses building shadows and abuses a bug so it's just like an average player.
:twisted: