Faction Laws

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Salathe

Faction Laws

Post by Salathe »

After the galmair banning thread on mantis I was curious about this. It seems faction leaders can be set to automatically ban people for certain action, and can also outright ban other faction members from entering.

Firstly, how can one see the current state of a faction? What automatic capabilities do factions have? Is it just a magic wall that bans people or do guards attack? How does a ban actually work?
Achae Eanstray

Re: Faction Laws

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I would like to know also about depots and bans. In other words would it be best for chars not to store all their things in one town depot? :wink:

Even in Trolls Bane with the ban, a char could get to a town depot outside the city proper fairly easily...not even NPC guards at the arena. It would be nice to have a depot set up outside towns.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

From my understanding when you're banned from a town you can not even enter it. Similar to the way a cross keeps monsters away from the cross area.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

These are the modes:

-None: The guards do nothing at all
-Passive: The guards expel chars of this faction that attack someone or something
-Hostile: The guards expel all chars from this faction
-Aggressive: The guards attack chars from this faction

A GM can set the modes for each faction plus outlaws. There are no individual bans.
It would be nice to have a depot set up outside towns.
No way.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Is there any way to see the modes or to find out ingame besides trial and extreme error?

And isnt the hemp necktie in a neutral depot?
Estralis Seborian

Yes, the hemp necktie inn is the "neutral" place. You can store your stuff there. But a town depot outside a town is not an option. Currently, there is no ingame display of the guard status, we might think about a solution. But don't bother, the guards won't be aggressive these days.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I would think that most players are going to busily move their depot items to 1. either a neutral place or 2. divide them between all the towns if that is the end goal desired *shrugs*
Flux

Post by Flux »

Alternatively.. not get banished from your town?
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Flux wrote:Alternatively.. not get banished from your town?
For fighting off a mob.. *coughs*
Flux

Post by Flux »

Pacifism ftw. :P
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I would like to suggest that fighting monsters is not exactly hostility and maybe should be readjusted unless the plan is for all visitors to run from monsters :?
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

It would be good if there was a few minutes leeway when leaving a town and the depot locking, if not then a warning "Are you sure you want to leave now, your depot will be locked if so?"
Estralis Seborian

1. If the faction leader decides that your faction has the mode "none", you may fight monsters 24/7 at the gate. This is a SETTING. Your faction leader decides that you get thrown out if you fight anything near the guards. Ask your faction leader ingame

2. As long as you are a member of a town, the guards will not throw you out. Only the faction leader throws you out of town, the guards MIGHT also throw you out, depending on the settings for outlaws

3. No depot is locked. If you can go to a depot, you can open it. If you cannot go to it because a guard expells you, you are not welcome or acted hostile while the faction leader forbade hostilities within town limits for your faction

4. The most stupid thing you can do is to spread your items over the three towns unless you plan to change factions on a daily base. There will be the day that e.g. Runewick only allows Runewickers to enter the town. Your items, as Galmairian, would be lost

5. As long as you behave, the faction leaders won't throw you out of town and your items are save in the depot of the town. If you disbehave, well, bad luck

6. Indeed, the Hemp Necktie Inn is a good place for all those who cannot behave and become outlaws. Those should store their stuff there. But if you store your stuff there because you fear that the faction leader one days decides to throw you out of town, well, take Flux' advice and behave
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Estralis Seborian wrote: 3. No depot is locked. ...........
Thank you for that information. I'll see if I can duplicate the depot lock after leaving the town. It could have been just that depot also...having not tested another one.