Transform potions

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kyre

Transform potions

Post by Kyre »

As I understand it, transform potions are similar to your character being ghosted, however you have accompanying loss of all items carried along with the possibility of skill loss as in a ghosting. I am hoping this is a bug and will be corrected in the VBU... if not It seems fairly drastic for 15-20 minute RP. :?
Jupiter
Developer

Re: Transform potions

Post by Jupiter »

I posted a not so rigth answer, here the truth ;)
Yeah. You die. What is stupid. But there is absolutely no necessity for this. The thing is the following: To make the transformation visible, one of the char's changeable attributes (HP, mana, food etc) has to be changed. And the current script takes 10000 hitpoints away, and adds you immediatley after this your old hp. So the reduction kills you. But as I said: that is useless, even one point would be enough; why 10?! I don't understand why someone whould do this. There is no comment whatsoever in the scripts that this has been done on purpouse. So I think it is a bug (human error).

I can tell you that this will be changed with the vbu (the changes are already done).
Kyre

Re: Transform potions

Post by Kyre »

Good to know this won't happen after the VBU, thanks for the information!