Textbook of the ancient language

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ryun

Textbook of the ancient language

Post by Ryun »

Hey, Ryun's began to study the ancient language as per request of his master.

But as the moment i'm only getting the response

"you dont understand anything written in the text book" (or something smiliar).

I havnt gotten the ancient language at all in the skillbar.

I do meet the int requirement (18 int).

Do i just need to keep trying with page 1 (counter set to 1) to get it to work?
or is there any other requirements, like per say the Mage rune (marks you as a mage, like the equal rune that marks you a druid) ?
GolfLima

Re: Textbook of the ancient language

Post by GolfLima »

* as I know
* you dont need more than INT =>16
* set the counter to 1 for page 1
* you can only learn 1 side per day (take your time :wink: )
-> if you try more you got the response you know
* check your anc- language color
Athian

Post by Athian »

Two things to know:

The cut off number for learning Ancient is not 16int rather its 13int

Learning Ancient is not actually a requirement to using the magic system, It's rather a highly practiced RP Tradition. How well you speak ancient will have no effect on your actual casting.

As to your learning issue:

Did your teacher remember to add the note to the book for you?

give him or her the book back have them use the book along with some ink. After that you should be able to read from the ancient book and get your preliminary ancient skill. Good luck
Ryun

Post by Ryun »

Athian wrote:Two things to know:

The cut off number for learning Ancient is not 16int rather its 13int

Learning Ancient is not actually a requirement to using the magic system, It's rather a highly practiced RP Tradition. How well you speak ancient will have no effect on your actual casting.

As to your learning issue:

Did your teacher remember to add the note to the book for you?

give him or her the book back have them use the book along with some ink. After that you should be able to read from the ancient book and get your preliminary ancient skill. Good luck
That's probably it, but William is a tough master, Ryun won't return to him til he's completed his task, I guess he'll nugde up to Mel for some hints (notes) and train to perfect his ancient as per Williams orders. After all it just another issue to solve. Ain't wise to run back to the teacher at the first sign of struggle <.<
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

The teacher will want to know about the book so they can add the ink. If the master is tough they might appreciate an apprentice buying the ink at the academy and having it waiting for them though. :wink:
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

I was also told you had to have a certain reading skill in order to be able to read the text. Just a thought.
Ryun

Post by Ryun »

Evie wrote:I was also told you had to have a certain reading skill in order to be able to read the text. Just a thought.
my character had a bug on creation, so i didn't begin with any mage skills, I've had to per say Train up all skills like library research for example.
Athian

Post by Athian »

That's probably it, but William is a tough master, Ryun won't return to him til he's completed his task, I guess he'll nugde up to Mel for some hints (notes) and train to perfect his ancient as per Williams orders. After all it just another issue to solve. Ain't wise to run back to the teacher at the first sign of struggle <.<
Easier to just have your teacher mark the book with ink. Simple as that, it's not about the RP it's a technical necessity if it wasn't already done prior. Should only take a moment or two and you can get the book right back from him/her and just continue on. If anything its the teachers fault for not remembering this important step (for shame) :wink:
Ryun

Post by Ryun »

Athian wrote:
Easier to just have your teacher mark the book with ink. Simple as that, it's not about the RP it's a technical necessity if it wasn't already done prior. Should only take a moment or two and you can get the book right back from him/her and just continue on. If anything its the teachers fault for not remembering this important step (for shame) :wink:
yupp, solved itself when William used it with ink.
Adronfront

Post by Adronfront »

Ryun wrote:
Athian wrote:
yupp, solved itself when William used it with ink.
:oops:
Uhm... it was planned that way! *coughs*
Test of the students... um... inventiveness