Ancient Language

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Joey Largefoot

Ancient Language

Post by Joey Largefoot »

Hello everyone, so I read the ancient language textbook, and the skill appears when I press f8, but it's solid blue, and talking in ancient does not seem to start the experience bar. I have also tried playing an instrument, and that did not work either. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by Joey Largefoot on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garath

Re: Ancient Language

Post by Garath »

probably the last. may need a teacher.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Rest a few days and read it again. Your teacher should be able to explain it.
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think you only read the first page of that book. As far as I know, you should have much more than a few % of skill when you're finished. A few years ago you had to use the counter(don't ask me how, I never did it myself) to turn pages and I'm pretty sure this hasn't changed yet for the textbook.

If this doesn't help, asking your teacher is probably a good idea.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

The book should have four (1-4) pages/chapters, you can let your char read a page by entering the respective number into the counter and using the book.
Reading one chapter will increase the ancient skill for quite a bit at once.
There is a time limit (1 hour ig without skillgain or so) before you can read the next page/chapter with your char.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Joey Largefoot wrote:I have also tried playing an instrument
I don't know who told you about levelling ancient with the use of instruments, but as far as I know that is still against the rules of the games and should not be done. Just felt like pointing that out.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

As far as I know playing an instrument in order to "sing" songs to learn ancient is not against any rules...perhaps it depends on the way it is done however when you have no one around to practice ancient with, singing is the next best thing.

@Joey Largefoot, perhaps if still having problems your teacher can figure out why you aren't learning, or try chat also.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

* the book has 4 pages
* as i know you can learn only 1 page per day
* use the counter for the number of the side you will learn