Picking druid at start

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

APassingStranger

Picking druid at start

Post by APassingStranger »

I picked druid at the character creation, will this prevent me from learning magic?
Boomer

Re: Picking druid at start

Post by Boomer »

If you did not use a druid potion by now - no
APassingStranger

Post by APassingStranger »

Good, I was a little scared.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

as i know you need at least 14 points at inteligence to be a mage,
may be there are some other conditions too.
:arrow: as a druid you have 15 points inteligence
:arrow: as i know you can be a mage (( before drinking the "alchemist / druid potion" --> you can´t be both, you have to decide druid OR mage ))

seems i´m to late
Athian

Post by Athian »

Not quite right.

You need a minimum of 10 in essence, willpower and Essence to learn arcane magic

You need a minimum of 13 intelligence to learn ancient.

There is no technical link between the language ancient and magic aside from the fact that spells are spoken in the ancient language. This means you do not need to know ancient to use magic "at all". (There are 0 rules against not knowing ancient and using magic, though some teachers may not want to break this tradition)

Artificially boosting intelligence through rings and potions can be used to learn ancient and or increase your ability to use magic

The current druid archetype was created in mind with druid magic being a magic system, but since we ended up with an alchemy system as opposed to a true druid system it's actually a fairly decent attribute set for a mage.