Can't go underground

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Procrastinator

Can't go underground

Post by Procrastinator »

All the cavern entrances I've seen so far (the one in the tavern in trolls bane) and when I went to silverbrand I'm not able to go down. I can go up and down stairs, but I can't go down those holes with the ladders. Help?
Djironnyma

Re: Can't go underground

Post by Djironnyma »

its a defect map, it will be working again at least if the VBU comes
Procrastinator

Post by Procrastinator »

can't go into silverbrand at all then? Big defect :( When's VBU? A month? A year?
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Procrastinator wrote:.....When's VBU? A month? A year?
(sorry, I deleted your post by accident ~Estralis)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Something in between. More than a month, less than a year.

The problem is known and there were attempts to fix it. However, there seems to be a fundamental problem with those maps which cannot be fixed in an hour or so. Thus, the responsible developers decided to focus on the next update instead of investing time into something that will be fixed with the update, anyway.

I know this is not the most convenient solution for the players, as it isn't convenient not to have any updates to the game for quite a while but we have a serious constraint here: manpower. Illarion is a spare time project and considering the vast amount of effort you have to spend to realise such a game (think about ten thousand hours of work as an order of magnitude), not everything that needs to be done can be done immediatly.
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

@ Estralis- That's why we love you guys.
Kingdom of Silverbrand

Post by Kingdom of Silverbrand »

Parts of Silverbrand can be reached through the Goldburg. This is where the dwarves moved as well.