Other travel books...

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

wolfsword

Other travel books...

Post by wolfsword »

Just noticed: the people who sell travel books also mention books to the harbor, the lighthouse, and other places. Do these actually exist? Do they still sell them? (I just end up getting Troll's Bane books, :( ) Did they run out of everything besides, (aparentally) Troll's Bane & Vanima books?
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Last time I checked there were other books. (It's been a couple weeks though.) You just have to ask to buy one of them.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

I normally get books to Troll's Bane when I do, though. (At book sellers at Greenbriar and Bane.)
zda

Post by zda »

yes they still sell them to buy one to the harbour it has to be spelled differently than the way he says it i think you have to spell it like the harbor.
Grokk

Post by Grokk »

Buy "journeys", not "travel books". Asking for a "travel book" will always give you one to Troll's Bane, no matter what location you type after it.

And yes, the merchant says "harbour" but you have to type "harbor".
Last edited by Grokk on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

All towns the journey books go to are Trollsbane, Greenbriar, Varshikar, Tol Vanima and Silverbrand. There are also ones that go to Lighthouse and Harbor (American spelling). "I want to buy a travel book" and " I want to buy a journey to xxx" I think are both ways you can buy them. Also, they do run out of books.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Lrmy wrote: "I want to buy a travel book" and " I want to buy a journey to xxx" I think are both ways you can buy them. Also, they do run out of books.

There is an important difference that if you say travel book you are doomed to getting a Bane one.

ALWAYS say "Buy journey to xxx" if you want to go somewhere else.

And I haven't seen a merchant run out of coins or items in a very long time... but i dont or sell bulk things where merchants are concerned.
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

Bane's portal book merchant only has five of each type, I think.