Levels Q

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

wolfsword

Levels Q

Post by wolfsword »

How do we know if we maxed out a skill? (Apart from the obvious.)

How do we check what exact number we have in a skill? (0-100?) If that's even possible?
Lrmy

Re: Levels Q

Post by Lrmy »

wolfsword wrote:How do we know if we maxed out a skill? (Apart from the obvious.)

How do we check what exact number we have in a skill? (0-100?) If that's even possible?
When your skill bar won't go up anymore. Ten minutes of using the skill should tell you that. Most people guess and/or look at it in paint with the color absorber and advanced colors I think....
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

here we go again..EVERYONE wants to know their skill level so that when they are going to spar with someone all they have to do is ask in ooc "what is your skill level?" and then know exactly how good that character is...now, i'm going to stop this thread entirely since i dont want my head to implode.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

ask a gm to set all your skill at 0 again. then you will know exactly all your datas.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:here we go again..EVERYONE wants to know their skill level so that when they are going to spar with someone all they have to do is ask in ooc "what is your skill level?" and then know exactly how good that character is...now, i'm going to stop this thread entirely since i dont want my head to implode.
Samuel's not a fighter. :P

Wanted to know though, since I'm nearing the yellow yet I can't make rabbit dishes. ?!? (Still have 4 more dishes to unlock. o.O)
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:here we go again..EVERYONE wants to know their skill level so that when they are going to spar with someone all they have to do is ask in ooc "what is your skill level?" and then know exactly how good that character is...now, i'm going to stop this thread entirely since i dont want my head to implode.
Wow..talk about jumping to conclusions. Funny he didn't mean that at all. Seeing as how we can now see each level that are skill goes up and each bit of that level, its frustrating to not know how close you are to being done for good. Nothing wrong with knowing you only have two or three last ones to go. And skills only seem to be half of how strong some one else from the fighting sense.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Unless I'm mistaken, there is a (probably illegal to use) method of taking a screenshot and going through a bunch of steps with and stuff in Paint where you will eventually get a number for that skill. But its time consuming and not really necessary unless you have a situation where your guildleader is waiting on you to reach a very specific level of skill.
Llama

Post by Llama »

He is a cook. Unless he has access to the scripts, knowing that he has a skill of 3.142 will do nothing for him.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:He is a cook. Unless he has access to the scripts, knowing that he has a skill of 3.142 will do nothing for him.
I'm pretty sure i mentioned that working it out is pointless.