Fighter Attributes?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Thurik Stronghammer

Fighter Attributes?

Post by Thurik Stronghammer »

I read alot of posts before I made my char, do you think in the long run, with changes that may happen, that these stats are good for a dwarven fighter?

Strength (20)
Constitution (20)
Dexterity (8)
Agility (17)
Intelligence (6)
Willpower (3)
Perception (9)
Essence (1)

I heard essence/willpower was for mages only
Felicia Saral

Post by Felicia Saral »

If your Essence was too low, every mage could beat you within a second.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I didn't think you could place essence lower then 3, you sure those are your stats.. and what is your dex? With that IQ, you may have difficulty learning but a lot of stats depend on the PO's choice also.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Dex is 8. When you do 8 followed by ) 8) appears.

I don't really know enough about it, but I think int is pretty important under the current system.
I have no idea what they are doing to fighting with the vbu though.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Keep this in mind: High level monsters (those you really want to beat up, not shitty mummies) use magic, too. So, some magic defence is not in vain.

But I'd like to stress that there is no perfect set of attributes. All attributes on 10 is the worst solution, that's for sure. High CON is good for a tank. DEX and AGI help you avoid damage (e.g. for a kiter). STR is good for damage dealers, PER too (for archers). A mage killer invests some points on WIL and ESS. INT is never wrong.

So; chose whatever you like best. Massive maxing might help now (today), but I can asure you that in future, more balanced attributes might be the better choice, depending on what you want to compete with. Also, PvE and PvP have different requirements, like, when you go PvP, you cannot do the tricks the monster KI would usually have problems with.
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

Basically for a warrior, the stats mean:

Strength: Damage, Carrying capacity
Constitution: Health
Dexterity: I think accuracy and for bows
Agility: Speed
Intelligence: Learning speed
Willpower: Learning Capacity
Perception: Accuracy
Essence: For fighting mages I guess

Now there are way more things to it than that.. and some of those are probably wrogn, but that's what I go by
Thurik Stronghammer

Post by Thurik Stronghammer »

I was under the impression that I'd still be pretty boned against mages with high essense, yet also against high level fighters.
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

Perception is useful for melee as swell.. not very but help block imo..

But whatever.

Also: Essence i think is good for protection against magic, but you'r still silly goosed unless you trained you'r magic defense, which btw is shit hard to do.

.!..! If you know what I mean :?
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

I thought we weren't supposed to discuss stats in this way.
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

Rules were made to be smoked
Athian

Post by Athian »

Well the information here may or may not be correct (I won't tell ^^). The best way to learn what works for warriors it to experiment. Maxing stats its never a wonderful idea unless you know specifically what the attributes will do for the skills your characters hope to gain.

Also keep in mind that it will make other tasks harder in the future. If you get bored of constant combat for example and decide to take up a craft having very low intelligence and very low dexterity will hurt your abilities in crafting.

The more varied the character the more options you leave yourself.

Estralis is also right however setting everything to ten will indeed make you Joe every man. this means that you will require extra high skills to do things others with the proper attribute sets for a task do much sooner/easier.
Felicia Saral

Post by Felicia Saral »

PurpleMonkeys wrote:Basically for a warrior, the stats mean:
[...]
Willpower: Learning Capacity
[...]
I think this is not true.