Finding a GM to Help Get Unbanned?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Illal

Finding a GM to Help Get Unbanned?

Post by Illal »

I wasn't sure whether to put this in "Newbies" or "Support", so...

Hi,
I got an email yesterday morning saying I was banned and that I need to reply to the email or talk to a gm to get unbanned. I replied, but haven't gotten a response back, so now I want to talk to a gm, but I don't know who are gms.

Who should I talk to?
Blay

Post by Blay »

Flux would be your best choice I guess.
If he does not answer, you can still ask Zot or Estralis Seborian. Or Randnar (if he's back now).
Illal

Post by Illal »

I didn't expect a quick reply, thanks.
I've sent Flux a message.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Actually, you are not banned... :wink:
Illal

Post by Illal »

I'm... confused?

But thanks?

?
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

Your already banned? Dam GMs! mind your own dam business! *shakes fist*
if someone wants to "rp" let them! :P

pervs :roll:

on a serious note though.....apparently according to stralykins your not banned....which is weird.....who was the message from?
Illal

Post by Illal »

account@illarion.org was the sender:
[[Dear player,

we regret to tell you that your account ":D:D:D:D" is hereby banned. The automated multi account tracer detected another account that is probably owned by you.
The Illarion rules forbid one person having more than one account. You can review the rules here:

<http://illarion.org/illarion/us_rules.php>
In case another person uses your internet connection to play Illarion, you have to inform the gamemasters about this. You can reply to this e-mail or contact a gamemaster of your choice to get your account unbanned.

Yours,

The Illarion Gamemasters
]]

I just tried logging on to the game and got an error saying "Cannot connect to server", but that may be because I'm still using school internet, so I'll try again when I get home.
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

OH! someone at your school plays Illa! how cool! but a weird way to find out....
In Illa your allowed one account only.
All school computers run off the same IP address...which is kinda like the electronic street address of your school. (or the IT department..)
how they find people with more than one account is run IP addresses....if two accounts have the same IP they both are automatically banned.
but that means someone at your school must play Illa also. so all you have to do is inform a GM of this. also if a friend that plays Illa comes to your house and logs in with his/her account let a GM know first....cause that will get you and him/her banned

...and btw the port for Illa is usually blocked at schools...when the school puts up the firewall it automatically blocks certain ports...
I emailed my IT department and asked them to Unblock Illas Port but they wouldnt cause they couldnt figure out the source of the port. and when i told them it was Illa....well they didnt know what that was....So I just stopped messing with them. Im switching schools in the spring anyways so i can live with a few months off from Illa, WoW, msn messenger, and yahoo messenger

but skype works oddly =/
Illal

Post by Illal »

If that's how it's done then I may still need to contact a gm.

I know at least one of my sisters played Illarion, but she quit a while ago and she's gone off to college. When I read through the rules I didn't really think about how they determined who had multiple accounts, but hers probably has the same IP as mine.

Edit: I just got a followup from Estralis. The multi-account problem is being resolved!
Flux

Post by Flux »

You didn't PM me.
Illal

Post by Illal »

Sorry. I deleted it when Estralis sent me a message.

I'm able to play now.

Thanks for the responses.