When in doubt, RP... (Food)

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

wolfsword

When in doubt, RP... (Food)

Post by wolfsword »

Alright. Those of you who know my char, Samuel, knows that he has rp'd foods before (RP'ing apple pie as berry, meat, cherry pie instead, etc.); right now I'm throwing even more rp'd foods, chicken and potatoes which aren't native to Gobiath (But native to the mainland, I imagine.) with my excuse being my char and another char going to the mainland periodically to get said food. Check.

With cupcakes and muffins in Gobiath... why not corn, rice, noodles, cacao beans (For chocolate?)? Am I allowed to rp these things being brought from foreign lands and incorporating them into my char's dishes?

Want to know how far I can get away with stuff, seeing as I don't think the devs will make more foods and crops available at the VBU.
Athian

Post by Athian »

You really don't need to ask permission to RP exotic foods like that, other then in a situation where any technical transaction might happen (no one will give you coins for invisible foods). Its safe to assume that so long as the food you RP is at least period friendly; i.e. best not catch you munching on a pop tart :wink: ; that it would be considered acceptable RP.

Also if you'd like more foods added in the VBU (Do not doubt the Dev's for we know not what they do :wink: ) Then you should make a features request on Mantis, along with some thought out ideas of what sort of things you would like to see and how they would fit in with the current foods in game, speaking in the sense of the foods nutritional value; would the food be a diet improving item or diet decreasing item. The idea may get accepted, it may not or it may be put on the back burner for other more pressing matters, but if you post it on mantis at least be sure that it will be looked over rather then ignored.

p.s. It never hurts if you can provide graphics for such items, or find someone willing to do so.
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Hey there.

If you want something added IG, do as Athian said. Use Mantis to submit a feature request. And yes, if you can provide graphics or code for them, it's even better ;)
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Oh, okay. So I've an okay, I suppose. (Even if not from devs or mods... >_>)

Actually though, I DO rp them "physically"; I use other dishes to represent them. Anyway. I think I may help with that.

Have a few more things in mind as well, I guess. O.o
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

but but I love poptarts! :shock: