Planting a tree! Eating the apples.

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Arvemor

Planting a tree! Eating the apples.

Post by Arvemor »

Arrrgh, is there any other way to plant trees then just *use with bucket, use water, use with bucket, use apple*?
I've accidentally eaten sooo many apples just standing here. Theres no special commands or anything that makes this easier? Thanks in advance.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Oh, also wondering if I'm doing it wrong. ( I dont think this is a question of find out in game, either. Its more about the mechanics of it.) Do I need to put down more than one apple? How many buckets does it take for someone with no farming? Is time a factor as well? Is this tree just like any other apple tree?
Blay

Post by Blay »

Put an apple on the ground, fill a bucket with water, use the filled bucket with the apple on the ground.
If it says there is not enough sun light on this place, move the apple.
Afaik the planting will be reworked with the VBU.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Thanks, and yeah I thought it may be being changed. I've used up to 20 buckets on one apple mind you. Is that normal? How much longer until something happens?
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

You have to use a bucket filled with water onto the pile with the (one) apple on the ground.
(mean: put bucket with water into hands, apple onto a suiting pile on the ground, use bucket with apple on the ground. If the place is not suitable there will be a message like "There is not enough sun for the seed to grow.")

How often you are successful depends on your farming-skill.
With no farming-skill, forget it.
With round about 80 on Farming it takes something around 10 attempts for a successful planting of a tree.
Blay

Post by Blay »

The success chance depends on your peasantry skill.

Edit:
80 farming skill and 10 attempts? :O
One of my chars had a ~50 farming skill and did never need more than 4-5 attempts.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Oh god. In other words, I somehow need to raise my farming before I can be successful at this?
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Sometimes you don't get the message "there is not enough light to plant this here", sometimes it is too crowded to plant also. Try a different spot.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Righty ho, thanks a bunch guys!