Hello, i´m a new player and i have some questions :D

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

lordbubyan

Hello, i´m a new player and i have some questions :D

Post by lordbubyan »

Hello, i want to make a wizard, but i have no idea wich stats i need. i have the default wizard now, but i want to know wich stats are essential for him and if constitution adds more hit points to my character to rise it a bit, i dont like weak wizards :D

Thank You
Koboldshroud

Post by Koboldshroud »

Constitution adds hit points yes, but a little hint, try playing something other than a wizard first to learn the game,. I dont want to put you off wzards buuut.. well you dont start off with any spells and wont learn any without a teacher, some people go literally a real life year before they learn a spell, of course you could go for a battle wizard.. That way you have stats for other stuff .. but you will be a Sh1ty wizard. Also, for the defualt wizard, the stats that are high are the ones you need, the stats that are low, you may as well drag as low as possible to make your other stats high.

Hope this helps :wink:
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Hello and welcome to Illarion!

I hope that I can answer your questions, feel free to ask anything else you want to know in addition. Magic in particular is a quite difficult topic but I'll try to give you an orientation what you can expect.

On constitution, the more constitution your character has, the less damage he'll take from "mudane" attacks with weapons etc. Also, hitpoints will regenerate faster and poison won't harm your character as much as it would harm a character with low constitution.

On mage stats, the default stats will work for a magician. Essence, willpower and intelligence are THE attributes for a mage. Willpower is the least important of those three, but that is a matter of "taste" - willpower helps more at magical defence than casting magic, but there, it also has a use.

A good mage must not have less than a total of 40 attribute points in the three mentioned attributes. The more, the better, but keep in mind that e.g. low strength will cause a hard time when you try to carry equipment.

On becoming a mage, currently, you have to apply at an ingame organisation that will assign a teacher to your character. Note that this system has its flaws and getting accepted as student might require some effort. See: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=33608

Have fun!
Llama

Post by Llama »

Not wanting to put you off, but "Applying at an organisation" might take weeks, months or years (no seriously) to get accepted. The devs realise this system is flawed and it will be rectified when the Very Big Update comes along. So my advice to you is to try another sort of character instead, otherwise you're liable to get very frustrated waited.
lordbubyan

Post by lordbubyan »

thank you, i will play a bit more with this one, if i start to being fustrated i will try with another thing :D
Sonara Stone

Post by Sonara Stone »

Yay, we have another victi- I mean, player among us! Welcome to the game.
Koboldshroud

Post by Koboldshroud »

Damnit Sonara.... I just lost the game :(
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

How can one loose Illarion? O.o
Flux

Post by Flux »

To think of Illarion is to lose Illarion. You are always playing Illarion.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Nitram wrote:How can one loose Illarion? O.o
Getting parried by a rabbit?
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Welcome to Illarion! =D