Priest way?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Po Will

Priest way?

Post by Po Will »

I know it's a long shot, but there isn't any chance of getting a wee list of things which the priest built char's will be able to do?
Again, it's a long shot but the waiting just sucks :lol:
Kyre

Re: Priest way?

Post by Kyre »

As far as I know nothing was decided, just ideas kicked around, now all concentration is on the VBU of course.
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Ahh of course, I'm sure I remembered someone said it was being coded, but heck there's enough on that plate I guess :)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Development of priest magic is on hold until the VBU is released. Basically, a priest will be able to heal and support his party members, but that is just "stating the obvious". You'll have to be patient but keep in mind you're free to play a priest even now; you just can't sling around nifty spells. Spreading faith in the gods does not need a technical backup (but is more fun with one ;-)).
Felbion Lijawyn

Post by Felbion Lijawyn »

Would a priest be allowed to rp some sort of special powers that fit his/her god? E.g. a priest of Ushara healing a sick tree or being treated differently than others by animals or an Adron priest being able to make people around him happier just by being there, etc?
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Estralis Seborian wrote:Development of priest magic is on hold until the VBU is released. Basically, a priest will be able to heal and support his party members, but that is just "stating the obvious". You'll have to be patient but keep in mind you're free to play a priest even now; you just can't sling around nifty spells. Spreading faith in the gods does not need a technical backup (but is more fun with one ;-)).

Ahh thats grand. I can hold off till that happens :)
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Felbion Lijawyn wrote:Would a priest be allowed to rp some sort of special powers that fit his/her god? E.g. a priest of Ushara healing a sick tree or being treated differently than others by animals or an Adron priest being able to make people around him happier just by being there, etc?
Mhmm.. I think that's where the RP'ing comes into things. Though, I might be wrong :)
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Felbion Lijawyn wrote:Would a priest be allowed to rp some sort of special powers that fit his/her god? E.g. a priest of Ushara healing a sick tree or being treated differently than others by animals or an Adron priest being able to make people around him happier just by being there, etc?
As long as he have a permisson from a gm.
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

Why would you need permission from a gm that doesn't actually affect game play at all except to make it more fun for everyone?
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

#me is a werewolf demon elf.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Darkshade wrote:Why would you need permission from a gm that doesn't actually affect game play at all except to make it more fun for everyone?
becouse its the rule ;)
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Darkshade wrote:Why would you need permission from a gm that doesn't actually affect game play at all except to make it more fun for everyone?
Simply because if we didn't need permisson, we'd have so many 'special' character's kicking about, 'normal' (and when I say normal, I mean the people who lost everything to the usually orc attack thus making them the lone survivor :lol: ) would become a rarity. Therefore, you gott'a ask before you can do anything which could be classed as 'awesome' :lol:
H.Banestone

Post by H.Banestone »

-"Hi, mister Jack, priest of Adron."
-"Well hello there!"
-"Would you like to make some money, so that you can buy more of that delicious hearty mead?"
-"Why of course, of course."
-"People in that tavern over there seem a little grim. I'll pay you 40 silver if you loosen them up a bit. Especially that very tense noble in a purple shirt and puffy blue pants. Yes, that one on the stool, the one clutching his sword. While you're at it, could you also channel some merrimaking happiness into his two well armed bodyguards?"
-"Sure sure"

*tense atmosphere*
*wom wom wom*
*relaxed atmosphere*
*stab stab stab*

People go ((wtf my character was assassinated because of forced rp that i had to be relaxed in presense of an Adron priest!!! Unfaaaaaair))
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

..I think I got the point the first time around. Is there a need for everyone to repeat everything? Jeez Louise.