Illarion Gods

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Silo

Post by Silo »

@Athian: Keep an open mind about the followers of Netheria ;) My own character worships her because when she was first risen, his choices were to kneel, or die. And... Life>Death, in my char's humble opinion.

As to the number of players that chose by decision... :|
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Wait... which character were you? Mine was also there... And those werent the only choices! You could have fled with the rest of us...
Silo

Post by Silo »

My character prefers being realistic. Running past a fire-wielding demi-god to get to a portal when she's saying "KNEEEEL" isn't his thing. ;)
Radu

Post by Radu »

There was a good thread a while back about the Pantheon of Illarion.
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... t=pantheon
There was general agreement that there was not enough "evil" influence in the Pantheon so perhaps this quest is an attempt to change that?
There are so few of us that RP religious characters that it would seem that the Gods have little or no influence in the daily life of most Gobathians. The fact is that most all people of the period,medieval,dark ages or whatever,even if they didn't acknowledge it outright, were scared silly by the whole "God" idea. There was no real science to explain anything so the concept of "Gods" pretty much explained everything in one way or another. The last quest was full of demons and yet the priests/sisters of Gobaith were uninvolved. I got a brief chance to interact with a wandering skeleton but I think it was peripheral or more likely just a gm out for a stroll. It was rewarding though, as the gm whoever they were actually put some good thought into how an encounter between a priest and an undead might play out. It gave me good enough reason to keep the priest alive even though it will be, I've been led to believe, a good while before priest magic will be implemented. RP'ing a priest is just plain hard. There are so many Deities that to pull it off you really have to sit down and learn them. The serious rp'ers do have a God or Gods that they at least acknowledge and if a priest can't speak with any real authority or at minimum some basic understanding of that God it just blows the whole illusion. No self respecting ruler of any level, would try anything without some sort of counseling from a Holy man/woman even if were just to be seen doing so. I've searched and read most everything I could find in the forums about the Churches and priests that have come and gone in Illarion. They all have one thing in common. They all eventually die out. I've even run into a priest or two with MY priest character and at best they kept saying things like "Yes my son...blah blah" but displayed no real zeal for the spiritual aspect.
Perhaps it IS time for a truly "evil" deity to begin knocking heads around here to get people thinking. I know I'm taking the opportunity to jump on the story with both feet. Even without priest magic the few active priests on Gobaith are going to be in this one up to our necks. If it plays out that we just get zapped like everyone else then thats the way the wafer crumbles.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Radu, I officially deem you a cool person.

For a forum account that new, you have certainly gone beyond my expectations with your post...

Just wanted to point this out for anydoy that says "Wall of Text. Forum account made in 2010. Not worth my time."
Radu

Post by Radu »

I had to laugh! Just a few minutes ago a character asked my priest to teach her about Ushara! Of course I told her "Yes it will be my pleasure" and how that particular Goddess suited her rather "earthy" character! So it seems people WILL test a priest.
:wink:
Of course Im certain it had nothing to do with my post! :wink: