Two questions

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Khandnalie

Two questions

Post by Khandnalie »

So, Im a miner, and Ive been mining in Silverbrand, mostly, and in the copper mines. It used to be that every rock I saw read as "Average, old stone". Now every rock is "very bad, old stone"

.... Has the quality of rock gone down, universally? o.0

And,

After a while of mining/carpentry, I get a message of "You cannot concentrate on learning right now" and then later "You desperately need to rest in order to be mentally fit again."

How do I rest? I thought it would be logging off, but after a good night's sleep on my part, my char goes right back to being unable to learn after only an hour, whereas it took him a few hours to get to that point initially.
Rhombus

Post by Rhombus »

You rest by either staying logged out for about 4 or 5 hours, or by staying in game without training any skills (Crafting, fighting, reading, etc) for an hour. Also, depending on the skill and what you're training on, your character will either be able to train it for longer periods of times, or shorter. Can't answer the other questions.
Khandnalie

Post by Khandnalie »

Thanks, that helps. I suppose Ill find something else to do then, haha
Rhombus

Post by Rhombus »

I would suggest that you head into a town, meet other people, and roleplay. The reason why there is a limit on what you can learn is so that you cannot powergame, meaning purely increase your skills. The game might as well be a single player game for that. Instead, when you have to rest, meet others, roleplay, and you may actually find it much more rewarding than mining. =)
Llama

Post by Llama »

The quality of the rocks showing is probably a bug, I don't think they should be showing. I'm not sure whether they actually have an effect *shrug*.

Resting is just there to encourage people to take a break while training and go meet people. Actually the 'you can't concentrate' is an artifact from the older system, you can actually still learn even when you hit that point. The current system works in a reverse exponential, so when you're very refreshed you'll learn very quickly, and when you've been skilling a while, you'll learn slowly.