'ello

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

The Red X

'ello

Post by The Red X »

'ello

I am a Newbie. Though i am what u call a good newbie. I took some time to read about the story and also about the game functions and the concept of roleplay applied here.

And it really suprised me that it seems to be actually working.

Still i am a newbie, and newbies have questions and this is why i opened this thread. Ready?

1. How strict do you have to stick your roleplay to your attributes? Do they actually influence the roleplay (typical example: 2 chars make a drinking bet.. to determine the winner the 2 players role a dice and add their shot to their stamina etc.)

2. Is the backroundstory extendable? I like to play serinjahs. i already created 2, probably gonna stick to one of them. The infos all over the website give you a good idea but lota info is missing to get a clear picture... So if i add one or two things to the cultural aspects of my character, without contradicting what is already given on information about serinjahs, will it still make my character a valid serinjah?

X

to be continued....
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Good RPers use their attributes to personalize their chars. E.G. a small woman would have strength of 5 where a Norodaj would have str of 18. But that is NOT enforced. Have a 14 year old boy that has 18 str by all means. Your character. Your rules.

Yeah its fine. Make your serinjah taller than other humans, They dont mind as long as you dont try change the over all mythology and culture its fine. While your at it make a new serinjah legend about a white horse and bring it IG ;) They might impliment tobacco
Grokk

Post by Grokk »

What Alex said covers it really.

1. Not enforced at all. Most people set their attributes so as to exploit the game mechanics. Attributes only influence roleplay by determining combat prowess/ability to learn/etc, nothing direct.

2. Definitely. The background is left in such a broad, general state to allow people to do this.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

1. Attributs barely count in the rp and for my personal opinion they are pretty much useless, we got fighter chars who have next to no intelligence, willpower or essence, those people should be an empty husk, people are home but the lights are out so to say, on the other hand we got maxed mage chars who would barely be able to live over a cold and yet jump around all day living happily and wearing thick elven armour.
So You got more or less attribut vs. experience rp, and I personally do a mix of both, my char for example has been trought alot of ig crap, several times was wounded near death and encountered alot of pain, this of course shows on her body with alot of scars, sometimes even abnormal fears, but of course she has alot of things on her mind not to mention that she could tell alot of storys, most of them based on the very development of the island gobiath.

What did I want to say with that, well its easy, use logic, like people said don't think a small frail gnomish inventor can overcome the grip of barbarian on the other side your mage should be not one of those "D'uh I have magic, I clickedy click on some runes and make you hurt !" ohh and a last thing of advice...always "attempt" things to do, leave open space for people to work with you, hand in hand not hammer on head.

2.The Ilalrionlore is rather wobbly and this is basicly a good things, but you are actually free to choose as you go, characters have this unbelievable ability to evolve on their on and mostly they will never turn out how you wanted them to be in the beginning. Basicly you should be aware of what your char is and where you want him to go, rest turns out as you go, changing the lore a bit is allright, because honestly look at our world, even if you live in the same town your experiences, views, talents and everything is different, of course a serinjah should be aware of sandstorm or other hazards in his hometown and thus be able to use those experience of his natural home to live over hard times.
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

We should have horses ig :(
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

About the serinjahs:
If interested, i know someone that really worked on them and got a good idea how they are...if interested, tell me ;)
The Red X

Post by The Red X »

Kranek wrote:About the serinjahs:
If interested, i know someone that really worked on them and got a good idea how they are...if interested, tell me ;)
*is interested*
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

The Red X wrote:
Kranek wrote:About the serinjahs:
*is interested*
You'll get a PM ;)
The Red X

Post by The Red X »

*waits*
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

*points to the top of the board*
somewhere there should be a message like
"You got 1 personal message"
Look for that
The Red X

Post by The Red X »

it might have been send to the wrong red x..

one is only a red x... not The Red X

can you dig it?
Saela

Post by Saela »

That is exactly what happened to me, I am so sorry ^^. But this time, you really got a pm ^^.