Filling bottles with water.

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alex Heartnet

Filling bottles with water.

Post by Alex Heartnet »

So I noticed that the Trolls Bane bartender sells different drinks. This ranges from wine (red bottle) to water (blue bottle). I could buy bottled water off of the bartender, but I would rather fill the (large) bottle with water myself!

Which is what I have trouble doing. I tried using the bottle of water on the nearby stream. Nothing. It does not make a difference if you hold the empty bottle in your hand, or in your belt, or use the stream, or use the bottle, still nothing.

Am I forced to buy it from the bartender, or is there a way to get it myself?
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Hm.. I think the last time Sam tried this, you had to scoop water from the stream/well with a bucket, use with the bucket on the bottle, in hands. Try it?
Alex Heartnet

Post by Alex Heartnet »

I guess there are three different types of bottles. With joey's help, we figured out you need a 'grey' bottle, which is different from a small or a large bottle. I was trying to use a 'large' alchemy bottle, thinking you should be able to do this with any bottle.

Another question - how do I actually fill the goblet with the water bottle?
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Have both goblet and a water/blue bottle in hand, 'use with' the bottle, and right click the goblet and select use.
Alex Heartnet

Post by Alex Heartnet »

Alright, thanks. Now I can take bottled water with me on my adventures!

One last note: The 'Iron Goblet' some NPCs drop (like mummies) does not work for this. Looking at some early posts using the search function, it might be completely useless.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Only contains that can hold liquids, that I know of, are the goblet (Normal, the copper-goblets, and gold-goblets), wooden cups, and those glass cups. Same with the plates: the green, stackable plates are un-usable (Or atleast when I try them), rather the wooden plates work, and the bowl/plate with a spoon does not work as well.

IMO, I'd still use 'unusable' things like that iron goblet or a clay mug, makes for good 'RP' purposes, when you want something out of the normal.
Alex Heartnet

Post by Alex Heartnet »

That is quite true. My character carries around a comb so she can keep her long hair clean and neat.

If you were to add a scissors to that, you could roleplay a barber!