Hurr-hurr. The Very Big Update:

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

i still think they could make that NPC in trollsbane sell arrows..its not 'that' hard to make him sell arrows! i am now forced to either start using my knife or fists to go hunting..sort of takes that whole hunter feeling out of my hunter:P :P *grumbles annoyed*
Jerico Aslaniz

Post by Jerico Aslaniz »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:i still think they could make that NPC in trollsbane sell arrows..its not 'that' hard to make him sell arrows! i am now forced to either start using my knife or fists to go hunting..sort of takes that whole hunter feeling out of my hunter:P :P *grumbles annoyed*
Ask a carpenter?
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Real hunters punch things to deah, Olaf.
Lucy Bann

Post by Lucy Bann »

Clever, Sonara. >.<
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

Jerico Aslaniz wrote:
Olaf Tingvatn wrote:i still think they could make that NPC in trollsbane sell arrows..its not 'that' hard to make him sell arrows! i am now forced to either start using my knife or fists to go hunting..sort of takes that whole hunter feeling out of my hunter:P :P *grumbles annoyed*
Ask a carpenter?
barely any carpenters around, and i disslike to be forced to be deppendent on a player carpenter working his/her ass of just so i can go hunt for 20 minutes :P but, i guess i will just be forced to use my characters fists............................................................................................................. :P
Fryburrach

Good hunters

Post by Fryburrach »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:
barely any carpenters around, and i disslike to be forced to be deppendent on a player carpenter working his/her ass of just so i can go hunt for 20 minutes :P but, i guess i will just be forced to use my characters fists............................................................................................................. :P
Good hunters don't make their own arrows?
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

Surprisingly, very seldome...

Shandariel is an archer and a carpenter...and honestly, I buy my arrows and don't make them myself. the reason? The amount of arrows needed to raise your skill even the slightest or to defeat a single target is that high that you spend forever at making the arrows. You need thousand and thousand of arrows to get better in archery, and to make those arrows you need alot of time and effort. If you combine the time and effort needed to gather the materials needed to craft those arrows, the time of making them and the time you need to go hunting with them against dangerous creatures you will have very few time left for roleplay, especially when you have just few hours a week for playing.

It is a bit frustrating :(

Thats why some archers prefer to buy the arrows even if they are carpenters themself. Atleast for practice purposes
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Would be cool if the rate of "use again"factor with arrows will be increased. 8)

Do you heared that VBU? I'ts my wish. (biside of Dancingbears and Drums)
Drowkill/

Post by Drowkill/ »

since this is about the VBU i s'pose i can post 'ere yes?

Firstly... i hope that they make the female and male lizards get different sprites..
Second.. i hear that the special races are onna be deleted.. and that sucks... realy, i could help with the spriting... i s'pose.. also i beg that you add Drow as a race... that is all..
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

You can help creating 3D models or 2D graphics, as described here? http://illarion.org/development/us_graphics.php

If so, please contact either martin (martin@illarion.org) or Nitram (Nitram@illarion.org) if you really want to help. And are able to.

On special races: There are 2 gnomes, 4 faeries and 0 goblins. That means: For 6 players, we'd have to create 6 3D models with 576 graphics each - I am not even talking about paperdolling. 6 races should be enough.

@Rincewind: No idea about arrows, but distance weapons will become much more useful in future.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

And wahts about dancing bears?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Drowkill/ wrote: also i beg that you add Drow as a race... that is all..
We already have drow IG, and there are going to be drow (if i remember well).

However they're just not a player race.

They say that the great Nitram's true form is that of a drow...
Flux

Post by Flux »

I thought Vilarion was a drow.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

what does the drows(droroog!) look like in ze game? i cant remember fighting anny droroogs :P where are theeeey?
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Flux wrote:I thought Vilarion was a drow.
Vilarion was a bunny
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

Um den ganzen Spekulationen zum Update mal Einhalt zu gebieten, wäre es vielleicht nicht verkehrt so ne Art Pressemitteilung herauszugeben, wie weit ihr schon seid. Ist ja nicht so das irgendwer ((naja, der ein oder andere vielleicht schon)) den Staff unter Druck setzen will, es freuen sich nur alle schon den Arsch ab in Vorraussicht auf des Update.
Und wenn Ihr uns dann, wie die großen netten Onkels und Tanten, ein paar Geheimnisse dazu verratet wird das Warten vielleicht erträglicher.

Herzlichen Dank
PO Friedel

((no Translation, sry))
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Friedwulfa wrote:Um den ganzen Spekulationen zum Update mal Einhalt zu gebieten, wäre es vielleicht nicht verkehrt so ne Art Pressemitteilung herauszugeben, wie weit ihr schon seid. Ist ja nicht so das irgendwer ((naja, der ein oder andere vielleicht schon)) den Staff unter Druck setzen will, es freuen sich nur alle schon den Arsch ab in Vorraussicht auf des Update.
Und wenn Ihr uns dann, wie die großen netten Onkels und Tanten, ein paar Geheimnisse dazu verratet wird das Warten vielleicht erträglicher.

Herzlichen Dank
PO Friedel

((no Translation, sry))
AMEN
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Estimated progress of the "VBU": 30-40%. Work started roughly in 06/2009. You can do the math.

On revealing content; I think many, many aspects were already mentioned here and there but it is a good idea to have a brief "press release" that summarizes what already is known anytime soon. Will do.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Gosh... that is rougly 20 more months till the VBU. Okay now I'm feeling rather depressed.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Rhianna Morgan wrote:Gosh... that is rougly 20 more months till the VBU. Okay now I'm feeling rather depressed.
Not really.

As far as I understand the vast majority of the technical upgrades are already complete.
However the content. Which makes up the bulk of the VBU is struggling.
Things like maps, NPC's and quests. Which, while not technically difficult, still take time.
This is the reason why there are so many pleas for assistance in these areas.

Think along the lines of Illarion 2.0 rather than VBU.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Please Note also that during the summer most of us don't have school so we can work more on the VBU. As zaxx said, a good part of the technical part is done. The crafting system has been done for the past 3-4 months, Dronrul (and the other mappers) have produced dungeons which are a work of art. The client should be well on its well to be done...

But most of the missing stuff is CONTENT. Simple NPCs and stuff.

So if you want it to get done faster...
Last edited by Llama on Tue May 04, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damien

Post by Damien »

On the other side and despite of summer, several of our core developers have started to work a while ago after finishing studies etc.
Because of that, the summer calculation might not work at all...

Therefore, help of new content developers is badly needed.
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Therefore, help of new content developers is badly needed.
*puts a check on his checklist*

Thankfully, after some avid searching we found some extra hands. Not to say people throwing cute, awesome or eloquent NPCs at us is a luxury we could do without, no seriously, please do, but we should be on our way.

Mesha