Rate of item rot.

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Milo Bottoms

Rate of item rot.

Post by Milo Bottoms »

Sounds awful! What I'm curious about is whether different items rot away at different rates? I don't have enough wealth ingame to waste things in an experiment. Food would perhaps rot faster on the ground than
metallic/tailored objects? Does fire affect the rate of rot? Items rot faster when thrown into a fire? Also, I know if you walk into a fire you receive damage as long as you remain in it. Do creatures also take damage from standing in a fire? I had a mummy attack me and I ran and stood behind a campfire. The mummy walked right into it and stood there fighting me. I didn't notice much difference in the time it took to defeat it. Of course that could be chalked up to combat variables. Tougher than usual mummy? I did find it weird that it stopped and stood in the fire.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Every item has a particular rot value. When that value reaches 0, it disappears.

Whatever you do to the item while its on the ground (or where it is) has no effect on it.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Could it be possible to RESET the rotting-value when an item is placed in bag/belt/hand/depot/whatever?
Rogan Thorgrim

Post by Rogan Thorgrim »

I'm pretty sure it resets when you pick it up.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Rogan Thorgrim wrote:I'm pretty sure it resets when you pick it up.
I'm pretty sure that this has been suggesting tons and tons of times. And I'm still not sure if its the case.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

I've had a magical longsword (corroded) rot from my depot
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Alexander Knight wrote:I've had a magical longsword (corroded) rot from my depot
Items do not rot while they are in the depot.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Jupiter wrote:
Alexander Knight wrote:I've had a magical longsword (corroded) rot from my depot
Items do not rot while they are in the depot.
Maybe a GM took it ;)
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Find out IG!
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Someone shoot him or something
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Do it IG! ;)
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

okay i tested the theory. I took 2 sirenjah swords of the exact same values and tested the theory. basicly The one that i picked up again and then dropped did become a little less rotted so that i could drop it again. I think it is like this to enable trading with an almost completely corroded object. (remember this is just what i saw from my experiment so dont get too angry with me if i am wrong!) O.o
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Darkshade wrote:okay i tested the theory. I took 2 sirenjah swords of the exact same values and tested the theory. basicly The one that i picked up again and then dropped did become a little less rotted so that i could drop it again. I think it is like this to enable trading with an almost completely corroded object. (remember this is just what i saw from my experiment so dont get too angry with me if i am wrong!) O.o
The "rot" value of items is completely different than their quality/age value.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Karl wrote:
Darkshade wrote:okay i tested the theory. I took 2 sirenjah swords of the exact same values and tested the theory. basicly The one that i picked up again and then dropped did become a little less rotted so that i could drop it again. I think it is like this to enable trading with an almost completely corroded object. (remember this is just what i saw from my experiment so dont get too angry with me if i am wrong!) O.o
The "rot" value of items is completely different than their quality/age value.
Right. Every item has something like "rot points". Sometime one cycle is runnig over the map and items which lay on the ground lose one point. If all points are gone the item rots.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Do items rot in chests? (not depots) I'm guessing they're safe there.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

They are NOT safe in chests ;)
THough they should change that...as a group-depot...
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Kranek wrote:They are NOT safe in chests ;)
THough they should change that...as a group-depot...
"They" want to. But it seems not so easy ;)