Gobaith history and Yr?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Milo Bottoms

Gobaith history and Yr?

Post by Milo Bottoms »

I have read recently something about Gobaith history and the significance of a Yr description but I cannot find the explanation. I've forgotten where I read it. Would someone please help me find it again?
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=32845 Read Damien's post, this may be what you refer to... as far as any more, I don't know...maybe someone else will know.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

The genral knowledge seems to be that the Yr were the origional settlers of Gobaith. They apparently had an advanced knowledge of the arcane arts, as well as skilled warriors and wealth. They MIGHT have spoken the ancient language. For some reason they are not around anymore.(Not sure anybody really knows why)
I think Irundar was one of their citys, if that helps any.

My information might not be correct...you don't really hear a whole lot on the Yr.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Yeah well Irundar, Dragon cave and maze and any other underground place apart from silverbrand.

Didnt they also have a connection to Drow :S
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Pella says Dragon cave is supposedly Dwarfish. I don't think there was any connection to the drow...
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Maybe the dragons carved out the cave themselves with their claws :P
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Oh just there was a drow weapon in Irundar :?
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Maybe the Yr killed a drow?
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

If you look up the map of the whole known world, you'll see ruins in the far southwest named Yr-Anbarra and Yr-Yzech. I'd suspect those were cities of the Yr as well. More info on those ruins is on the wiki, but sadly only in German. http://illarion.org/community/wiki/inde ... llarion/de

Basically it says, that the culture, that has built these cities was a mix of elves and gnomes and had extensive knowledge on magic, architecture and so on.
Milo Bottoms

Post by Milo Bottoms »

So are there Yr items in the game? Artifacts? Never heard ingame mention of such.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

There are the YR treasuremaps, the highest rank of treasure maps we've seen so far.