Carpentor Questions

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Darkshade

Carpentor Questions

Post by Darkshade »

Okay here it is. When carpenting what colour must skill be to make sword handles. Is there a difference between staff handles and Mace handles. What is the first thing i can make with cherry boards and what colour must my skill be to make it. THANX!
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Find out IG!
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

Oh sure... -example situation- Hi what colour does my skill have to be to make a sword handle? Yeah i doubt anyone will think thats rollplaying XD
Blay

Re: Carpentor QuestionsIs there a difference between staff h

Post by Blay »

Darkshade wrote:Is there a difference between staff handles and Mace handles.
STAFF HANDLE
MACE HANDLE
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Darkshade wrote:Oh sure... -example situation- Hi what colour does my skill have to be to make a sword handle? Yeah i doubt anyone will think thats rollplaying XD
You can FOIG by skilling up till you have enough skill to do it. FOIG doesn't necessarily mean "ask someone" :P
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

No one will post publicly what color skill makes item (x) because it is tabo. However, I can tell you that generally when it comes to carpentry you should start with just sawing logs into boards because you will not be able to make many things. Try getting more apple than cherry when you are first starting because bowls and cups require apple boards.

Ideally finding these type of things out in a RP scenario is best for players of the community, but since I can't get ig atm I will gladly help you from here.

@ the rest of you, this is a NEWBIE board so please chill out with unhelpful or condescending posts.
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

Okay thanks those who have helped ((for some reason only seems to look at Holy Knight when he says this XD)). lol no but seriosly okay jyeah i will try to find out by working at it. Thanks for the apple board tip ((though the plates and stuff sell for shit)) and the reason i asked about the diff is because i remember from awhile back i tried to make my verry first char a smith... but i couldnt get to make a mace. and for some reason i think some one gave me a staff handle and it worked. ((probly my imagination though. srry))
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

There are anomalies in the crafting system sometimes (known as bugs). For instance, in the past you could take a swordhandle that was only 10% completed and a smith could take the item and make a sword with it. Also there are axes that require larger handles and not an axe handle. For instance the long axe requires a long handle not an axe handle for obvious reasons if you think about it.

Now finding out what sells and where is your problem :P :twisted: . I had to find that out myself and so shall you. Certainly, the best way to find out what sells and in what location is to ask a player ig. Remember the more you ask players ig and make a rp scenario out of it, the more people will be willing to help you :wink: .

Poor example (to me):

Someone: "Hey, can you tell me where to sell buckets?"

Good example (to me):

Someone: curses under his breath in frustration as he shoves the carpentry tools aside. His workstation is littered with sticks, boards, nails, and partially made wares. Noticing he is no longer alone we quickly tries to tidy up.

Someone: does a poor job sorting the mess and instead turns his attention to you. "Excuse me, not sure if you can help me, but I seem to be at a loss here."

Someone: Never been much for indecision but then again I find myself in a new place. Wouldn't happen to know where a simple carpenter could sell his wares?"
Llama

Post by Llama »

Mace handles are used by smiths to make maces.

Ok ok, no need to be amazed.

Staff handles on the other hand, are used by nobody to make nothing at all.

EDIT: Just been corrected, apparently you can make fishing poles or flails with them, not sure which.
Dahinar Sharpeye

Post by Dahinar Sharpeye »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Mace handles are used by smiths to make maces.

Ok ok, no need to be amazed.

Staff handles on the other hand, are used by nobody to make nothing at all.

EDIT: Just been corrected, apparently you can make fishing poles or flails with them, not sure which.
Liar...carpenters use staff handles to make staffs...and it have to be flails...I've never made any though.
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

I think I was misunderstood when I said they sell 4 shit. What I meant was that I get almost no money. And I have to make stuff because how else am I gonna make moola?
King Udan Trollbane

Post by King Udan Trollbane »

Blacksmithing is the most profitable craft I think. Dwarfs are best at it.
Llama

Post by Llama »

King Udan Trollbane wrote:Blacksmithing is the most profitable craft I think.
True.
Dwarfs are best at it.
False.

Of the list of best blacksmiths, only one is dwarven, and he's inactive.

As for attribute-wise, false as well, gnomes get more dexterity.
King Udan Trollbane

Post by King Udan Trollbane »

I laugh at your impudence! Dwarves shall one day rule Gobaith and you shall bow to your overlords. ehem, dwarfs have the best workshops and mining spots. Plus we have the sexiest beards, so that gives us auto dexterity advantage.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Pff, dwarves are a bunch of alcoholics.