why am i so slow?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Darkshade

why am i so slow?

Post by Darkshade »

in charactor creation what stat increases speed? And ig how do i increase the speed of my chars? Im sick of always being at the back of the group
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

the speed of your internet affects how fast your charecter moves, lame i know but thats how things are i have the same problem.
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Try reducing the graphics quality and the bitrate(when the starting pop-up appears, click the "options"-button instead of "start")
Grokk

Post by Grokk »

Agility is the stat affecting speed.

But yes, I have the same problem. Lowering the graphics and framerate allowed me to actually play the game, but I still move at about a quarter of the speed of a normal character.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I'd like to confirm that agility affects your walking speed directly. You can walk around 50% faster when you compare low agility with very high agility. But as the other replies also stated, when you have a slow internet connection ("ping" - bandwidth does not matter that much), your commands arrive delayed at the server. You can test your ping like this:

Start -> run -> cmd -> ping illarion.org
Aereon

Post by Aereon »

It would be wise to note that movement can be slowed down dramatically if you are running file sharing programmes in the background when you play the game, or the like. If you are try switching it off.

Try also -if you do not already- deleting frequently your Cache.

So, try our suggestions and see who is right (me ofcourse). :wink:
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

concerning connection:
i am able to play illarian using my mobilephone for connection...and its a really slwo connection ;)
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Kranek wrote:concerning connection:
i am able to play illarian using my mobilephone for connection...and its a really slwo connection ;)
Daekshade does the same i think, but yeah make sure you got high agility, a good connection and make sure you are not carrying too much
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

I also think it must depend on your system in some way, darkshade.

Cause, you are speedy like a snail even on the streets. And there should be less efect of your attributes. And all Chars are slow, the same. (maybee tell your agility attribute to us?)
So chek up your System and connection to Web. ;)
And maybee reduce the grafic settings of the client, like the other answers introduced you.

I tried to play Illarion on the really old system of my parents sometimes. and it was also slwo like a snail.

greets
Rincewind
Eadgar

Post by Eadgar »

Kranek wrote:concerning connection:
I have to tether my smartphone to my computer to get an internet connection, and Illa run slow as... yeah... when I do. However, when I am somewhere with a good connection and I log in, my walking speed jumps up 75%-100% faster.