Cooking and Repairing Question

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Rhombus

Cooking and Repairing Question

Post by Rhombus »

Hey, thanks for answering my last question, you all helped a lot. When it comes to cooking... is there any guide that has been released, or list of ingredients so that I can learn what to cook next? Also, when my fishing rod breaks, is there any way to repair it? Or do I just buy a new one? Is there any way to avoid breaking my fishing rod? Also, I've been picking up a lot of rusty bad swords/armour. Where can I sell them? Players wouldn't want to buy them. Is there a store I can sell them at? Any use to them? Thanks!
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

1 - You may just try it out and see what IG-Message you get about missing ingredients or you ask a cook.
2 - All tools break earlier or later. Buy from other players, their selfmade toll last much longer than toll bougth from NPCs.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Can't answer on your cooking questions, sry.
But: if your fishing rod breaks...try to use a thread with the rod, should repair it.
Armors and weapons: some NPCs seem to buy that stuff, though i dont know any details. Look around in Bane, maybe you can find someone ;)
Have fun!
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

A broken fishing line can be replaced by using thread with the rod.
Most junk weapons and armor can be sold to NPCs. Which buys what you have to find out in game if it isn't here. Ask them something like 'What do you buy?' and they will show you a list.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Send a dove or meet Sam (My char) IG; he's a bit of a 'known' cook. (Maybe not known for good things, though >_>)
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

If you need to know ingredients for a certain meal, feel free to send me a PM, i had a master cook time ago and know 'bout that stuff ;-)
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

My char Ksiksin has been fishing for a long time now. If your line breaks use a thread but if your actual rod braks you should buy a new one. Look for me out side ethins shop in bane for some rods or thread.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Darkshade wrote:Look for me out side ethins shop in bane for some rods or thread.
ethin's ? Eliza's ?
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

Woops. :oops: Yes Eliza`s
Magdha Tiefenerz

Re: Cooking and Repairing Question

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Rhombus wrote:Hey, thanks for answering my last question, you all helped a lot. When it comes to cooking... is there any guide that has been released, or list of ingredients so that I can learn what to cook next? Also, when my fishing rod breaks, is there any way to repair it? Or do I just buy a new one? Is there any way to avoid breaking my fishing rod? Also, I've been picking up a lot of rusty bad swords/armour. Where can I sell them? Players wouldn't want to buy them. Is there a store I can sell them at? Any use to them? Thanks!
I would suggest that you try to find out in character in the game first, before resorting to asking out of character in the forum. And yes, it might take a while until you meet someone who knows. Patience is always a virtue. ;)
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Darkshade wrote:My char Ksiksin has been fishing for a long time now. If your line breaks use a thread but if your actual rod braks you should buy a new one. Look for me out side ethins shop in bane for some rods or thread.

Dude.... You know your a lizard right, and therefor do not need a fishing rod :?

Just use the water and you will start fishing with ya claws, and as a lizard you can eat raw fish
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

Yes Alex I am Awar of that but I cannot find maps when claw fishing. And i really want a map.
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

Yes Alex I am Awar of that but I cannot find maps when claw fishing. And i really want a map.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

*notes* ToDo: Spread the ways how to get maps over other actions than fishing. *beholds three foot long list and sighs*
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Darkshade wrote:Yes Alex I am Awar of that but I cannot find maps when claw fishing. And i really want a map.
So you are going out for fishing to get a map? That's strange. Usually people do fishing to get fish. But on the other hand Illarion is full of strange behaviour like people visiting a cemetery to train fighting. :roll:
Alexander Knight

Darkshade wrote:Yes Alex I am Awar of that but I cannot find maps when claw fishing. And i really want a map.
Honestly if you want a map maybe try to learn how to "Dig" first otherwise you wont be able to get it out
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

I can dig! And i give the maps to other people...
Alexander Knight

Darkshade wrote:I can dig! And i give the maps to other people...
You can dig? you only been IG for a week or 2 :( I been here 4-5 months and still cant dig a silver object map