Skill Question

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Rhombus

Skill Question

Post by Rhombus »

Hey everyone, sorry if this question has been answered already previously, but I couldn't find an answer to it. I understand that one can progress in their skills by using them often. Once someone has advanced in a skill, a blue marker/sign should appear. I also understand that blue is when your skill is low, while yellow is highest. I'm just wondering how long it takes until you start to notice your skills progressing? I've been increasing my combat and cooking skills, have seen a lot of those icons you see once you've progressed a level, but do not see/know if my levels are increasing (they are still the same blue colour). How can I tell specifically where my skill is at? How can I see the progression? Thanks for the help.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

While you cannot (or better said, the developers would rather you not) find out their actual value, after a few skillups, you should begin to notice the color of the skills shift to a lighter blue. This is after about 5-10 skillups or so that it begins to look a bit lighter, I think.

Rest easy in knowing that if you saw the swirl of lights while you were using your skills, you indeed gained a level.

In fighting in particular, it may seem like your skills are not growing, because you see a lot of skillups without the color changing much for any one skill (because multiple skills are getting levels, not just one).
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

And remember, if you hit skill-cap, you cant learn until you took some rest!
To rest, just stay ig and rp (fast) or log out (slow) ;)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

There is a pretty simple method: While advancing in cooking skill, you'll learn to cook new recipes and dishes. So, if you are suddenly able to cook something you weren't able to before, you definatly advanced quite a chunk.

Same for fighting: The better you become, the stronger your character. Try to compete with stronger monsters, e.g. skeletons instead of mummies.

The skill value, which increase is represented by those blue swirlies, does not tell you much. What your character can achieve best shows by executing the actions in question.