Questions on fighting

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Arvemor

Questions on fighting

Post by Arvemor »

Does weather effect attributes or fighting in any way, like rain makes you less accurate...or snow makes you slower? Something like that? That sort of thing.

Also...if my character went mining for ages and became to tired to learn anymore from that...does that mean he's also too tired to learn by reading or fighting?
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Nope. :]
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Thankyou!
Alli Zelos

Re: Questions on fighting

Post by Alli Zelos »

Arvemor wrote:Does weather effect attributes or fighting in any way, like rain makes you less accurate...or snow makes you slower? Something like that? That sort of thing.

Also...if my character went mining for ages and became to tired to learn anymore from that...does that mean he's also too tired to learn by reading or fighting?
As far as I know, weather does not effect anything but visibility (in the case of fog)... But it would certainly be good to RP that it effects other things :P

As to the second question, once you reach the "too tired to learn" point, it effects every other skill, not just the one you've been using.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Actually the 'too tired to learn' is a bit of a relic from the old skill system.

Before you could learn until you got too tired, then you stopped.

Nowadays, it is an exponential decay graph - so if today you just started skilling, you skill faster, if you've skilled a lot already, you skill slower. It is actually possible to learn after the 'too tired to learn' notification - but it'll be really slow.
Eadgar

Post by Eadgar »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Nowadays, it is an exponential decay graph - so if today you just started skilling, you skill faster, if you've skilled a lot already, you skill slower. It is actually possible to learn after the 'too tired to learn' notification - but it'll be really slow.
Thanks for explaining that, I was wondering how that worked.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Awesomeness! Thanks all!

Closed. (Can I do that? Lets just say I can.)
Yeah,
CLOSED!