Character Height and Weight

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Lidia

Character Height and Weight

Post by Lidia »

Upon creating my character a few moments ago, I notice as soon as I'm logged into the game world that my character seems to be described as healthy, but fat. Other players, as far as I can tell, don't have such descriptions, as I've only seen nothing more than what that character is wearing (ex. a black robe). I've re-created my character a few times to play around and experiment on several attributes, but I guess my main concern or question here is when I'm first creating a character, are the scales involving height and weight set to a "standard" or "average" automatically for that specific race or no?
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Right click and examine closely to look in detail.
if it is a human i usually find average around 65 kg about average (10stone)
Lidia

Post by Lidia »

Ah, thank you very much for your input there, I simply assumed wrong when it came to the descriptions. I think I've figured out for the most part what I wanted my attributes and traits to be set to with my character. The majority of what I was doing wrong was a matter of calculating the kilograms to pounds slightly off. I made a halfling character first as an experiment to see the age differences between each individual race and then wasn't sure if the years were set to the race specifically, like 32 years is equal to that of 32 years of a halfling's lifespan or if it meant literally 32 years, like of human age. In any case, everything seems up to spiff now, smooth as ice...at least until I mess something up. :P
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Set your account to English and you shouldn't have to callibrate kg to lb.
Alexander Knight

lol no everything is is "Dwarven years" which is RL time and there a 3 Illa days to a dwarven day.

Yeah all the chars are set on the same time and date scale.

Btw your a good RPer :) just dont listen to every drunk ex soldier you meet :) some are not as nice as Alex
Lidia

Post by Lidia »

My account was set to the English setting or otherwise I probably wouldn't have known what I was doing from the beginning, but I did notice in the same space there are two options that allow for converting the units, thanks Taiah. Glancing at the Wiki here, I couldn't help but to notice that the priest magic system is under development, which has left me somewhat curious on just how I should approach that system with my character, but I'm sure I'll figure a way into it with other ways of magic as time goes. It was nice to see you ingame, Alex. Hope to see you and others around more often, which is probably likely seeing as how I'll probably be sticking around here for a while. The game and concept seem pretty well thought-out and put together for the most part, surprised there aren't more people playing.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Lidia wrote: the priest magic system is under development, which has left me somewhat curious on just how I should approach that system with my character
The priest magic system won't be done for a while now. Whi;e the system itself is almost all planned out, its been put on hold while everyone else works on the Very Big Update that everyone's waiting for.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

as far as i remember they used to have a short description of a characters fatness..obese, fat and well..thats all i can remember seeing really..guess they removed it..
Alexander Knight

Protip: NEVER TRY AND LEARN MAGIC

You will be hunting for a teacher for years
dwarvesarecool

Post by dwarvesarecool »

eh, I made a mage character and pmed about every teacher or organisation who can teach magic to "keep me in mind" don't have time to find teachers in game, especiall when they dont even show up on character list.
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

If you have no time to search for a teacher IG, you won't have time to show a teacher how awesome you are, and probably won't find a teacher.

Magic teaching needs either:
Good OOC connections

Or:
Long time IG speaking with possible teachers

I have never heard of a mage who became an apprentice by dove...and i would not take one myself
Lidia

Post by Lidia »

I greatly appreciate everybody's helpful insight and suggestions here. I'll try to see what I can do within the next few days as I try to develop my character's skills. I have to admit I'm quite surprised with how large-scale the map seems to be with how many people I've seen maximum on the server. Trying to get a few friends who I know who may be interested to play the game, hopefully the word will spread and we see what happens. :)