Thieving; is it possible?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jerico Aslaniz

Thieving; is it possible?

Post by Jerico Aslaniz »

Good evening (or morning) ladies and gentlemen.

I was having a wonder if thievery is an actual skill in the game. For example, is it possible to have the skill set being able to "lock pick" a locked door, or the ability to pick pockets with the "pickpocketee" getting a message that he / she has been stolen from or that they wouldn't, signaling a successful and undetected thievery.

I was just wondering if this had to be roleplayed or if this was an actual skill set. :P

Thanks,
-Jerico
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

No you have to rp it at the moment but maybe in the future who knows... if you wanna know what it will be like go through northern woods till you finds bandits
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

Or if you want to know what it's like now, get in game and try it out. I love the pickpocket rp. :)
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

however it is important to note that many characters will be super human when you try to pick pocket them and catch you because you breath to loudly. i would suggest playing a while first, getting an idea of what the good roleplayers are and try pickpocketing them as they are much more likely to give you money and items, unless you simply want to kill people in which case you will really be hunted down and slaughtered. just thought i would let you know.
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

*Chuckles amused at Tanistian_Kanea*
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Pickpocketing isn't likely to ever become an actual ingame skill, don't count on it.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Thieving is very possible and actually quite fun RP-wise.. skill wise it is not ig as others mentioned. Some will love the RP of the thief, some will completely ignore or be uber and ghost your char. I never made a thief char with any skills so the ghosting was no big deal.
Thrym

Post by Thrym »

Thieving is indeed rather fun if you do it with the right people (as Tanistian said). It requires cooperation from both players in order to make it work. Also, once you have determined who the good RPers are, be sure to carefully observe and take into account what type of people different characters are, which should affect how likely they are to notice you. More directly, don't pickpocket someone who seems very perceptive. A real thief wouldn't. ^_^
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Or, you know, some one who doesn't carry money.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Also, the cooperative rpers don't tend to be the ones with lots of money ;)
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

AlexRose wrote:Also, the cooperative rpers don't tend to be the ones with lots of money ;)
Definitely, actually a thief gave one of my chars money back for the teleporter, she had none.
Thrym

Post by Thrym »

A thief once snagged 20 silver off of my character. ^_^ Of course, he was unintelligent enough to stick around and ended up getting caught by 3 people, the money returned.
orgis

Post by orgis »

well some lad tried to rob me, mind the orc walking past helped :twisted:

robbing folk is probly the best way to get stuff of people lol
Dangron

Post by Dangron »

orgis wrote:well some lad tried to rob me, mind the orc walking past helped :twisted:

No, being a monk is.
orgis

Post by orgis »

Dangron wrote:
orgis wrote:well some lad tried to rob me, mind the orc walking past helped :twisted:

No, being a monk is.
only if one was naked, chuckled, and whisperd :lol:
Jerico Aslaniz

Post by Jerico Aslaniz »

Thank you gentlemen and ladies. Much appreciated!

Always wondered this because I've wanted to play that dark, depressing character who happens to have his right hand slip into your leather bag while sitting on the bar stool next to each other getting drunk... *supposedly*

Anyways, thank you again!

-Jerico