Another character development question

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

AdamsJr

Another character development question

Post by AdamsJr »

I am running into a wall in the development of my druidic character apparently my ideas of the druid are contrary in some signifigant aspects as related to what the character of the game is requiring by the rules put forth by the current reigning guilds within the lands. So I am going to put out How I want to develop my character in hopes that someone can better help guide me towards what the class of character I should be looking towards.
I want someone whom loves and nurtures the land. not neccesarily a total fighter but when put to the test can hold his own. intelligent, honorable, helpful in crisis when arises. resourceful. Any insight from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I am really trying to get this character in line with what I want to be and do within the rp. thank you.
orgis

Post by orgis »

hmm I guess from the Druid point of view peace is oen of the most important things (correct me if im wrong here folks) so fighting wouldn't be on their days agenda usually,

though if know folk IG you could always help get their fighting up while your defence goes up, just rp it as training then youl get a bulk defender hopefully that can hold his own. Your attacks will be pretty weak though

Druids are more like healers though so I'd say don't join the guild before getting some fighting done, thats only if you want to go for the usuall druid look
Mesha

Re: Another character development question

Post by Mesha »

AdamsJr wrote:I am running into a wall in the development of my druidic character apparently my ideas of the druid are contrary in some signifigant aspects as related to what the character of the game is requiring by the rules put forth by the current reigning guilds within the lands. So I am going to put out How I want to develop my character in hopes that someone can better help guide me towards what the class of character I should be looking towards.
I want someone whom loves and nurtures the land. not neccesarily a total fighter but when put to the test can hold his own. intelligent, honorable, helpful in crisis when arises. resourceful. Any insight from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I am really trying to get this character in line with what I want to be and do within the rp. thank you.
You sound more like a ranger, with that description. Sort of a neutral good person, not necessarily one of the front-fighters in every moral discussion, but someone who is true to his heart. Doesn't meddle in other's affairs, but will protect those who are being attacked without reason. Sounds cliché, but sometimes cliché can be fun!

Perhaps you could take up druidry (making potions and such), more as a hobby to your character, something on a side-track. Like, you make the occasional concoction, but aren't a true druid who knows every secret in and out.

Hope that helps AdamsJr.