Maps question

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

AdamsJr

Maps question

Post by AdamsJr »

I noticed on the main site there are 2 very different maps poted does this mean there are 2 seperate worlds to Illarion or are one of these maps something to be made in the future.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

one is the world illarion including the mainland. the other one is the island gobiath
AdamsJr

Post by AdamsJr »

Ok now my next question would be how does one get from Gobiath to Illarion
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

not possible.
only in rp...
some DEV once made a relation on the size of illarion.
it was around like:
if ya need 1 hour to walk in one direction on gobiath ignoring the underground, you would need 5 years to do the same on the mainland ;)

EDIT:I already answered...but was logged in on my bro as we share our laptop right now...sry ^^
AdamsJr

Post by AdamsJr »

That's a shame wouldn't mind a world that size think of all the RP possibilities available plus with the gate system might help with travel Iteneraries.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

well...place the players we have right now on a map that size
maybe you can meet someone every 2 weeks? ;)
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

See that little patch of land near the E of OCEAN on the map of Illarion? Well, that's Gobaith. :P
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Play Daggerfall then Morrowind and then say which is better.

Bigger = WORSE

Players barely manage to fill the current towns; towns go inactive a lot. So you want something thousands of times bigger?

Also, a LOT of Gobaith is just grass or trees with no interesting features and no reason to ever go to these areas, and due to the graphical restrictions every house looks the same and has the same furnishing. It'd be the most boring game ever because you'd never meet anyone, the whole map would be bland and there'd be nothing to do.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

heh..yeeaaahhh, i think it was either Nitram or some other GM, whos name eludes me, that said when they have an active playerbase of one million they will open the mainland ;)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I think 999,999 might be a bit tightly packed. There's not even that many land tiles on Gobaith.