Further Rp Quesitons

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

AdamsJr

Further Rp Quesitons

Post by AdamsJr »

Alright my question is more of an academics When in world roleplaying is such things like baiting hooks for fishing and / or describing what you are doing concidered to much, or are these actions encouraged., Also I have tried to involve myself and my characters in on several different conversations. However I get more of a feeling of alienation then actually being able to be involved in the Rp for instance today in Trolls Bane tried to get involved in several rp sessions only to be left behind, and or pretty much ignored. I am not trying to be a whiner or complainer don't get me wrong, but in the spirit of the game and of the rp part of this Shouldn't people try to involve others who are trying to make Illarion the enviroment desired? Just an observation any feedback would be appreciated.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Regarding your first question: I think it's more of a personal taste to how detailed your RP goes. Or maybe depends on who you RP with. For instance, you might RP very simply with a german player making an effort to speak in english.

To your other question: Unfortunately, it isn't always easy as a new player (or even a new character) to quickly get involved. Typically, it starts by getting to know individual characters slowly through small talks, and eventually, you get more and more involved with some time.

For example: There are two people in a conversation. Your char doesn't know them. Those two chars may dislike that a stranger tries to join the conversation. But if they knew your char they might go "Oh hey there, come, what do you think about this and that..".
Zachary Phoenix

Post by Zachary Phoenix »

don't have an answer to your first question, but as far as the RP aspect goes:

you are immersing yourself in a game and pretending like its real life. so look at it this way:

if someone you've never met just randomly walks up to you and a friend talking, and starts talking to you - you consider this rude and annoying, and find this person strange. You don't just immediately welcome this person into your conversation.

On the other hand, if you just move to a new town far away from anyone you know, where you don't know anyone. You don't just walk down the street making friends with every passerby that you talk to. But slowly by getting to know someone through just small talk or introducing yourself to them and asking a question or for advice leading to an actual conversation, then you will slowly start to get to know the people around you.

Don't look at Illa as a video game that you pretend to be someone else in. Think of it as you being in another world where you can become whoever you want to be.

And remember - the other players are from the same world as you, and have the same reactions to these types of things that you would. This reflects in their actions, even if they aren't the same person OOC.