Antidotes.

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Deuce

Antidotes.

Post by Deuce »

Someones probably already asked this but ah well I didnt read it if so.

I noticed that antidotes cannot be bought at the hospital in tb anymore (which is pretty strange to me seeing as its a...Er...HOSPITAL!

So..

Where to get antidotes? ... If you say druid then, pff, as if there are any active-able-willing to get these from.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

druids.
Nalzaxx

Re: Antidotes.

Post by Nalzaxx »

While things like healing potions may work on a druid provided basis antidotes usually need to be used in a larger amount. Particularly when fighting spiders which is suicide without plentiful antidotes.

Considering the immature state of druids at the moment, and the time it takes to produce potions, perhaps a compromise could be met that allows a decent, but not overwhelming amount of antidotes to circulate.

Currently most things that can be made can also be found elsewhere. Why should this not be the case for potions too?
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Nalzaxx wrote:Particularly when fighting spiders which is suicide without plentiful antidotes.
So don't fight spiders? They are quite avoidable.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

Rather than making NPC sell potions again, it's probably better if the new herbs are harvestable. So that the druids can be useful, unlike the current state, where the druids can barely make potions even if they know the recipes.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

abcfantasy wrote:
Nalzaxx wrote:Particularly when fighting spiders which is suicide without plentiful antidotes.
So don't fight spiders? They are quite avoidable.
What then, is the point in having spiders?
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

How about making a suggestion making antidotes less necessary in huge bulks? AKA, weakening the poison a bit, so you still have to take an antidote, but not 10 every fight?
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Nalzaxx wrote:What then, is the point in having spiders?
For newbies to get a hell of a scare when they see one :P

The point is, we don't need to mass attack them. THere are other monsters to fight, and maybe when some can get the hands on a few antidotes, then they go ahead risking against the spiders, "venturing" through their caves. Maybe the spiders get a reputation IG of "deadly creatures you should stay away from", and newer players, without having ever seen one get that impression immediately.

I remember when it was like that for me, only it was demon skeletons. I felt an odd, scary thrill when I met one and got the hell out of there. But I felt excited that I saw it and that my char managed to escape.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I would suggest give just a little more time and most will be making antidotes.. it is not only Druids that can get rid of poison either. Right now most things that poison are easily avoided.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Druids can make antidotes, but they will just not work...currently
JonathanSmith

Post by JonathanSmith »

As dye and many other things can be bought from the NPCs, I personally see no reason, why antidotes can not be bought anymore.

Additionally, antidotes also would be a nice drop for trolls, mage skeletons or whatever...

I suggest that above points are considered only TEMPORARILY, because the real problem is a good and working economy - which currently is completely missing.

Why shall one buy potions, if a mage could join your adventure and heal for nothing? Why should one buy armors, weapons, rings and so on, if those can be found easily in monster drops and treasure maps?
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

JonathanSmith wrote:As dye and many other things can be bought from the NPCs, I personally see no reason, why antidotes can not be bought anymore.

Additionally, antidotes also would be a nice drop for trolls, mage skeletons or whatever...

I suggest that above points are considered only TEMPORARILY, because the real problem is a good and working economy - which currently is completely missing.

Why shall one buy potions, if a mage could join your adventure and heal for nothing? Why should one buy armors, weapons, rings and so on, if those can be found easily in monster drops and treasure maps?
Because of one want to RP well? =)

Well, I will come with a suggestion in some moments that I have thought of. Might make a change for this... =)
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I wouldn't be too worried about mages ruining the healing economy.

*edits away a proposal*

Anyway, what spiders drop compared to the previous IG risk was a bit... unsensible. Now that you don't have this easy protection to use, you get a little bit more danger to going and messing with a creature that is probably the size of a small car and wants your life fluids!