New arrival's questions

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Lily Crystal

New arrival's questions

Post by Lily Crystal »

First of all, thank you from the bottom of my heart to everybody who has been so helpful with pointers, resources, and tips to my start in the last few days. Some questions I have garnered so far include the following:

Sometimes, I find that I am frozen to the spot for no observable reason, and besides turning I cannot move at all. The only way I can unfreeze myself is my logging out and in. Does anyone know the reason for this?

Other times, when I am going in one direction and I change directions, I find that I keep going in the same original direction and I cannot change directions. What might be the reason for this?

I noticed a game feature that I personally love. This feature is seasonal effects like crops not being able to grow during winter. Might there be other seasonal effects such as certain crops only growing during spring or certain wild herbs only blooming during fall?

Thanks for reading!
Azuros

Re: New arrival's questions

Post by Azuros »

Lily Crystal wrote:First of all, thank you from the bottom of my heart to everybody who has been so helpful with pointers, resources, and tips to my start in the last few days. Some questions I have garnered so far include the following:

Other times, when I am going in one direction and I change directions, I find that I keep going in the same original direction and I cannot change directions. What might be the reason for this?
Sometimes that happens to me when I switch out of the game while walking, is this the case?
I noticed a game feature that I personally love. This feature is seasonal effects like crops not being able to grow during winter. Might there be other seasonal effects such as certain crops only growing during spring or certain wild herbs only blooming during fall?

Thanks for reading!
Why yes :D
Herbs have growing seasons, I think crops do too, and I know they have certain zones they grow in as well.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Yes sometimes if you're walking a direction and you change window focus and back again the character will keep going in that direction.

The best way I found to solve it is to hold shift (shift + direct = look) and look in ALL 4 directions.

He usually stops after that and you can control him freely.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Easier solution: Press once the key of the direction your char is walking and he'll be under your control ;)
Lily Crystal

Post by Lily Crystal »

Thanks for everybody's answers! I found them all very helpful.
Dalar

Fighting bandits and losing money.. :(

Post by Dalar »

Is it normal that if bandit steal your money during fight and when you kill him you dont get your money he stole from you back??!?!
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Sometimes, yes.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

This problem was supposed to be fixed. Please report on Mantis if this problem reoccurs:

http://illarion.org/mantis/
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I posted on Mantis, just noticed this recently.