New old player

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ys

New old player

Post by Ys »

Hi, all.

I used to play Illarion some years ago. In hopes some of the nice people I've played with are still around, I thought about writing this topic.

I played: Chak' Ysshirr (lizardman, my very first char, on the very old client), Dominik Windslasher (human, the guy with the talking dagger), Kamik Windslasher (his son, the guy with the silver hand, half-elf) and, lastly, Sidney Varguea (who I didn't play much, human). Warriors, all of them.

I'm making an elf now: Ys Fa'Diel Nerevarine. I was quite surprised to notice the account confirmation was removed.

Does anyone remember me at all? And if an old friend does, would one care to give me a summarized update on the game/ client? Last time I played it didn't snow IC, hehe.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Dominik Windslasher...I recognize that name...but dont know why *g*
welcome back!
Lillian

Post by Lillian »

I remember you but I think we didn't play together that often. If you need help feel free to pm me. Also check out the wiki, you can find most infos there as well, or come into the irc chat (there is a plugin on the homepage nowadays).

But nothing really changed :wink: You will find your way around pretty fast again.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Does anyone remember me at all?
Sure.
It is hard to give a summary - crafting is now more or less automated. You chose a final product and your char starts working on it. Raw materials are consumed automatically and after some time, the final product is done. In most systems, jackhammer clicking was got rid of (e.g. mining). What else - there are few mages again who give runes only to those they consider worthy. Illarion has full weather effects, including fog, rain and seasons. Also, you'll stumble across minor changes everywhere, the last client update brought a nifty examine-command which tells you who wears what and tells about the appearance. Avatars can have different sizes now, like a tall human has a tall avatar and a small human has a small avatar. Works also for dragons ;-).

Concerning ingame events - epic days are ahead. Most notable about the past are maybe the events in Varshikar (Djironnyma taking over Darlok's castle) and Troll's Bane (endless struggles for power). Silverbrand has a queen (sic!) now, Vanima is a deserted refugee of powergamers and we have lots of new GMs now :-P!
Gorrwinder

Post by Gorrwinder »

I may have stabbed at a windslasher or too In my time, while I wasn't trying to overthrow pendar fayed and take over the world that is =Ps
Llama

Post by Llama »

I remember windslasher, sounds familiar ;)

Do you remember me? I used to spam the **** out of everywhere ;)
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Estralis Seborian wrote:Vanima is a deserted refugee of powergamers
OH YOU WENT THERE.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Gorrwinder wrote:I may have stabbed at a windslasher or too In my time, while I wasn't trying to overthrow pendar fayed and take over the world that is =Ps
Pendar :(

Good times.

Was PO Pendar the person who married the south-african person? (she had a nice display picture, had something to do with eyes I think( or am I mixing everything up?
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

You are right with the display picture but i thought she is together with PO Aristeaus? :?

Welcome back btw, i can remember 'Windslasher'.
Gorrwinder

Post by Gorrwinder »

No Po pendar and her were just very good friends, knew each other rl.
Ys

Post by Ys »

The most brave deed of Kamik Windslasher's life was marrying Devrah Liioness. I loved her PO, but the char was very easily irritated.

EDIT: By the way, how do I create my char now?
Gorrwinder

Post by Gorrwinder »

Haha now all the names are popping up Po Devrah rocked! she still around these days?!
*Sits and remanises*
Ys

Post by Ys »

Last time I played with her was on a UO rp shard: Dark Ages II.

And I still don't know how to create the char. Is it IC now?
Gorrwinder

Post by Gorrwinder »

log in using the login option on the left of the main site then select the character buttin that replaces the log screen
Ys

Post by Ys »

Gorrwinder wrote:log in using the login option on the left of the main site then select the character buttin that replaces the log screen

Thanks. But it seems the Step 1 Window runs away from me. It goes all the way left and up of the screen, until it disappears and I can't really type name or choose race and gender.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Ys wrote:
Gorrwinder wrote:log in using the login option on the left of the main site then select the character buttin that replaces the log screen

Thanks. But it seems the Step 1 Window runs away from me. It goes all the way left and up of the screen, until it disappears and I can't really type name or choose race and gender.
Does me too.. the front page and some others is NOT IE friendly.. I had to download firefox and just use it on this site.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Gorrwinder wrote:Haha now all the names are popping up Po Devrah rocked! she still around these days?!
*Sits and remanises*
Yes she did, she ruled.

Bring back the old times!
Ys

Post by Ys »

And by the way, Pendar also plays Dark Ages II.
Gorrwinder

Post by Gorrwinder »

Ya I played for like 2 days then got bored with it. Cant be bothered going through he whole application, downloading uo thing again
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

I remember Taylor Windslasher - and I think the Ava of Kamik is in my mind. But I think we never played with each other - Nor Aleytys or Yridia Anar my Elfess.

So welcome back to Illarion - :) Hope to met you IG
Hontus Ei

Re: New old player

Post by Hontus Ei »

Ys wrote:
..Dominik Windslasher (human, the guy with the talking dagger)...
Yes! *Is also a rather old character returned*

I remember Dominik, or at least the ole' too-wise-for-me dagger! :P
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

WB to all the older players!
Ys

Post by Ys »

I'm currently in Noobia. I like the graphs, they are much better from the old times, but the char moviment is far slower. Is there a way to change its speed?
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Kamik! Yeah, this guy is awesome. Though again.. I think he blocked me. :?

Welcome back. :D
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

noob

and pendar never would have been overthrown
Llama

Post by Llama »

Old players reunion!

Now we just need Devrah...
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

not even close to an old players reunion. I'd barely consider myself "oldbie" for this game and im ~2 years older (in illa years) than anyone that posted here!!

i cant even remember the names of all the friends i had when i started this game anymore =(
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

I see some filthy noobs here, arr!
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

*looks at caranthirs registrationdate*
OMG
Victorius

Post by Victorius »

things have changed, indeed...