Missing Mule

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Fooser

Missing Mule

Post by Fooser »

When I go mining at the coal mine, after a certain period of time my mule disappears, and I have to spend another 2 silver to re-rent it .. is there a reason why this happens?
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

This happens to some people as a bug. However, if you tell it to stop and it does the whole "ILLLLLAAAAA" (that sounds nothing like a mule) and you continue to stay a far distance from it, it'll disappear.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Yeah, but I can't bring it into the mine, so it always do the Iaaaaaaa thing
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Then it'll disappear. :wink:
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Then why if you use the MOVE command on it until it is next to you and so it doesnt Llaaaaaaaa then it randomely vanishes while you happen to be away from the cpu.... also if you MOVE it into the mine you cant use any other commands on it.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I think, that mules don't like mines. Especially the small cave ones. Best not to try.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Hey if it runs away can yoiu refind it, or do I have to always get my mules somewhere other than Varshikar now?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Your mule normally does make a few steps, if you are lucky you can refnd it in this time and after a certaint period, I think the rot cycles got to do something with it, you can rebuy a mule everywhere.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Um, I thought that the mules were programmed not to go into mines so people wouldn't PG... *shrugs*
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

@Ambrosine
the Varshikar mine you can walk into, and it works perfectly fine in there, I just looked dows, looked back up, and didnt have a mule, although lucky me I had the depot out when it ran away so then I got everything but 40 raw stones back...
@Pella
I couldnt find it anywhere and I really dont wanna have to walk to the nearest city to get a mule
Well, guess it would be time to get back to work on that carpentry.
#me shrugs
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Oh! If it was the Varshikar mine, I lost a couple of my mules in Varshikar because someone else walked in with a mule - apparently there can't be two mules on a screen at any given time - even if they're walking off screen but really close by this can happen (I've been experimenting to make sure :D ). Just wait for the current wave of bugs to wash over, it should be fine.