"You urgently need to rest to get mentally fit again&qu

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hawkmoon

"You urgently need to rest to get mentally fit again&qu

Post by Hawkmoon »

What does that really mean? How should I rest? Just doing nothing? Log out? For how long should I rest? What happens if I don't rest?
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

What about roleplay? :roll:

It means that you don't learn anymore without resting long enough.
Last edited by Arien Edhel on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
pharse

Post by pharse »

You get this message when you've reached the skill cap. You can do everything you want but you won't learn anything from it. You "rest" by not doing anything you could learn something from. So just roleplay. The needed time to rest is shorter if you stay ingame.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

pharse wrote:The needed time to rest is shorter if you stay ingame.
And not only shorter... a real lot shorter. And since staying IG afk is forbidden, its for sure good if you use that time for roleplay. ;-)
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

I understand that. Of course we are playing for the RPG! Just wondered if one could turn insande if not resting and if one would risk that if one start to be active to soon. Don't wanna risk to be insane you know. =)
Lillian

Post by Lillian »

Well that is really up to you if your character gets to be insane or not.
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

All characters who spend the majority of their time killing random creatures for no apparant reason seem insane to me :wink:
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Colin Smalls wrote:All characters who spend the majority of their time killing random creatures for no apparant reason seem insane to me :wink:
You have a point there, but you know... It also applies to playing instruments fishing and so on... =)
Rhandarja Opalin

Post by Rhandarja Opalin »

Hawkmoon wrote:
Colin Smalls wrote:All characters who spend the majority of their time killing random creatures for no apparant reason seem insane to me :wink:
You have a point there, but you know... It also applies to playing instruments fishing and so on... =)
No ... playing and practising an instrument is the Barde's carftsmenship. But it has to be Rp'ed

You can stand hours in a corner of Bane, making terrible noises on the flute .. if someone comes in because of you torturing his ears, you have to declare IG what you are doing.

That's far away from camping at spawn points and killing stupidly each monster, which appears.
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Rhandarja Opalin wrote:
Hawkmoon wrote:
No ... playing and practising an instrument is the Barde's carftsmenship. But it has to be Rp'ed

You can stand hours in a corner of Bane, making terrible noises on the flute .. if someone comes in because of you torturing his ears, you have to declare IG what you are doing.

That's far away from camping at spawn points and killing stupidly each monster, which appears.
Well... I don't agree that it is that big difference really but I say that there must be a reason for everything of course if it is good RP. One need to explain why one is fighting monsters as well. Can't really see the difference. But train with other players maybe are better when it comes to fighting? I do think that fighting monsters are ok as long as it suits the character. But that is me.

And as long as I know the "You urgently need to rest to get mentally fit again" message includes all skills...
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Hawkmoon wrote:
Rhandarja Opalin wrote:
Hawkmoon wrote: You have a point there, but you know... It also applies to playing instruments fishing and so on... =)

Well... I don't agree that it is that big difference really but I say that there must be a reason for everything of course if it is good RP. One need to explain why one is fighting monsters as well. Can't really see the difference. But train with other players maybe are better when it comes to fighting? I do think that fighting monsters are ok as long as it suits the character. But that is me.

And as long as I know the "You urgently need to rest to get mentally fit again" message includes all skills...
isnt your character a noble knight? Just saying.

Maybe this is another reason why that money for skills thingy should be introduced.
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Yeah, my character is a noble, idealic knight yes, why?

And money for skills? Sounds strange indeed. Buy knowledge? Don't really like that idea to be honest...
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

noble knights didnt spend most of their time repeatedly slaughtering local wildlife :lol:

Basically what im saying is that it doesnt make much sense for a good character to train by fighting random critters on the map. Not that i particularly blame you. Hell, you might even have a good reason.
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Sundo Raca wrote:noble knights didnt spend most of their time repeatedly slaughtering local wildlife :lol:

Basically what im saying is that it doesnt make much sense for a good character to train by fighting random critters on the map. Not that i particularly blame you. Hell, you might even have a good reason.
Well I know I don't attack random creatures at the map so I am not the one to blame for sure.

But fact is that noble men hunted a lot during the medieval actually... And if they didn't slaughter the wildlife on their own private and local areas, well then they had permission from the land owner I'd say...

You could send me a private message to get to know more of how my char and I think in this matter. =)
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Julius loves to attack critters.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Liam loves to torture goblins... :twisted:
Rhandarja Opalin

Post by Rhandarja Opalin »

#me loves to torture the ears of the others with my flute.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

#me likes to torture spammers. :twisted: