Language Problem

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

xalent

Language Problem

Post by xalent »

I'm new to this game, but I'm pretty sure that by selecting english in the starting screen, the game should be in english. Instead, once I enter the game, everything's in german. I know a little german, but not enough to even begin to play the game. Everything else in the game, like menus and stuff, are in english, just not the dialogue. I saw another guy converse with the NPCs in english and they responded in english. Anything I say other than "Hilfe" or "Help" gets me the "Tut mir Leid..."
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

When the menus and everything are in english for you, the German things you saw were German players rolplaying ;)

In case only the site's in English for you while f.e. the names of items and everything ig appear in German, you should go check if you picked English in the Settings of the client.
Llama

Post by Llama »

*expands*

This game is played by both english and german players, and you can speak (and roleplay) in any of those languages if you so desire.

The language chosen is the client language, whether the items you see are known in german ect... however this won't change what the others are speaking in.

Don't worry, if you look around you'll find many english speakers, or germans who try their best.
Ardian

Post by Ardian »

You probably have the account language set to german if the Npcs react to you only in German. Have a look here, and change the account language to 'english' if necessary:
http://illarion.org/community/account/u ... ttings.php