new here

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Olive

new here

Post by Olive »

can i assume that the ack of people is due to the time of day (1230 am CDT) ?

Or is this a dying game and i should move on to more fertile pastures.

I created my account and logged in to find a whopping 5 people online and not a single person anywhere near me. Oh well.....
Irania

Post by Irania »

It is the time of day, darlin. There will be more players online in a little while.
Olive

Post by Olive »

could you give me a range of times i can find people that would be around the starter town that would most likely speak english? I didn't exactly find a whole lot to do other then walk around town due to my characters life goals
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

If you look here:

You easily see when a bigger amount of players are online. The times there are currently GMT+2
Olive

Post by Olive »

not exactly what iw as hoping for, but i guess i can whip out my math skills and pretend i studied in school...

just out of curiosity, was the game made to be almost unplayable without help from somebody in game? cause i spent over half an hour trying to figure things out and i had tho justhrow up my hands in defeat due to a sadly lacking manual and extremely limited interactive option listing, thing wouldn't even let me sit in a chair...
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Yes, you need help from people ig.
You can also send me a pm and tell me where your char is at the moment, because I have little more than nothing to do at the moment. I will try to help you although my english is not perfect.

Besides, you can only sit in chairs by standing on the same field as the chair and saying in an emote that you sit on the chair.

#me sits down.

for example.
Aerlinn

Post by Aerlinn »

Olive wrote:just out of curiosity, was the game made to be almost unplayable without help from somebody in game?
Hello Olive,

how about you take the time and read some of the resources that other player already compiled to help new players like you?
Let me throw in some links:

The Illarion-Wiki
along with the
Beginners Guide.
There also the somewhat outdated
Manual (needs pdf-reader)
which is also access able from in game with the international 'Help-Me-I'm-New' button, also known as F1.

This is some very important lesson for life:
Whenever you run into a problem, keep in mind you are probably not the first one, and someone somewhere has already found a solution and wrote a guide. ;)

So long and have fun.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Where are you from? If your a lime, then thats probably where your time problems are coming in :(

If you want something to do come find my character ig. #me grins
Olive

Post by Olive »

i'm from wisconsin. CDT, or gmt-5, i think its 5 with daylight stupid time

and i DID go over some of the FAQ stuff last night but i am still where i started
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

If your around in half an hour or so id be able to give you an ooc tour in town, send me a pm.
Olive

Post by Olive »

thanks to every body that replied. I will be around later in the evening US time and greatly appreciate dthe two gentlemen that gave me assistance earlier