Town Slaying

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kreegan

Town Slaying

Post by Kreegan »

I have witnessed an attack in the town of Troll's Bane resulting in the death of a character. How does one go about reporting it. I could not find any help on this.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

You have to seperate two things: A valid, roleplayed kill or an unjustified, random kill. When you witnessed the latter, send an email with as many informations (date, time, character numbers, log entries, maybe screenshots) to violations@illarion.org. But in most cases, you witnes a valid kill. Your character may contact the local authorities (ingame or see guild board, entry about Troll's Bane) or pay the murderer his well earned bounty, whatever suits your character best.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

You PK them back with no #me or RP value whatsoever ... it's the only answer
ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

Fooser wrote:You PK them back with no #me or RP value whatsoever ... it's the only answer
what if you can't?

my lizard was just pked by #1324099621, no RP involved he simply came to me asked if I wanted to buy a sword and killed me when I told him I had no need for it
Llama

Post by Llama »

If there was no RP reason for the attack, you either:

http://illarion.org/community/us_contact.php

And contact a game master

or while in the game

!gm [message to the gms]

So for example !gm I've been PKed by 1234567890, bla bla bla
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Make sure you type it in super nicely, if you use !gm.
Even if you're pissed .. else you'll get banned. *Nods*
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

*Cough* And also be sure to listen if other players are telling you to be nice. Else, you'll get banned. ^^
ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

I sent an email to the adress Estralis Seborian provided. I was nice in game, I rped my attack a bit while looking for help since it had never happened to me before and I had no clue what to do. I even ran into the guy that killed me in the workshop while trying to figure out what to do, and merely pointed at him as I knew I wouldn't be able to do anything about it. I had no clue about the !gm command so I logged off and came here...
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Fooser wrote:You PK them back with no #me or RP value whatsoever ... it's the only answer
If you act like that you are equally guilty as the aggressor and you have to reckon with an admonishment.
The best way is to contact violations@illarion.org or a gm directly with the !gm call.
Thane Godfrey

Post by Thane Godfrey »

Arien Edhel wrote:
If you act like that you are equally guilty as the aggressor and you have to reckon with an admonishment.
The best way is to contact violations@illarion.org or a gm directly with the !gm call.
It's called humor, ma'am.
Noradur

Post by Noradur »

Thane Godfrey wrote:
Arien Edhel wrote:
It's called humor, ma'am.
FIrst: Its *Sir*

Second: Maybe it was meant humouring, but do you think its funny to run after Newbies Pking every one because they listened to foosers smart and helpful "only" answer?

No its not.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

If a new player could misunderstand your words I'm pretty humourless.
Thane Godfrey

Post by Thane Godfrey »

If a newbie can't logically tell that Fooser was being humorous, then I don't think he has the ability to be a successful member of a roleplaying community, but that's just my 2 cents.

Oh and, my convictions utter that it's a ma'am. Be it a ma'am or a sir, I'll call Arien a ma'am.
ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

1324099621 just killed 803049833(5-10 minutes ago)

I think this guy's only reason for playing is just killing newer/weaker players who are killing pigs and he doesn't RP his attacks :(
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

It is not common to report/discuss rule violations on the boards. Please use the appropriate methods:Thank you.
ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

sorry, I used that link when he killed me a few days ago, hes still killing people I simply thought it would be good for people to know what hes doing so they would have a chance to clear the area if they saw him coming thier way...
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

O.o would be better if you knew some of the guard in TB, or had a few friends who knew how to use a weapon..
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

if someone PKs you and you notify GMs, you wont get the lost skills and items back.
if you beef up a bit, enough to push off the aggressor, or stick to crowded areas where people can defend you, you will keep your skills and stuff.
Always best to be prepared, never assume you're 100% safe, i guess.
If youre in a building, keep an eye on the doors.
Beldir

Post by Beldir »

And I suggest to simply log out if anyone attacks you without RP.

The second step is to inform the GM's.